Subject: Winter Attrition, and Being Out of Supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff G.

Reisterstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If units are out of supply in a location within their own territory, and the number of units is within that space's quartering value, do they suffer any adverse effects from being out of supply during the winter?

Under 13.4 (4th bullet) and 16.21 it appears that as long as the quartering value is met and you're not in enemy territory, no ill effects are suffered. Also, Example 2 under 16.23 states that if "units are in friendly territory [then] the supply situation is irrelevant.

Likewise, I believe, if units are in a space in enemy territory but are within the quartering value of that space, they, too, suffer no ill effects from winter attrition, even if they are out of supply.

Thus, as I understand it, the primary issue is whether you're subject to winter attrition at all, and it's only if you are that (2) whether you're in enemy territory or not and (3) whether you're in supply or not matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Jeff, you have it correctly. If you are within the limits of the town you are 'eating off the town' so to speak. It is only when you over-quarter that you MAY be in trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G.

Reisterstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, again. It seems like the out-of-supply rules are really focused more on combat capability (availability of munitions, perhaps), while the quartering rules go more to food and shelter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Exactly correct. I couldn't have summarized it better. (Wish that was in the rules)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.