Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
50 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Apocrypha Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Lack of news, updates is making you worry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else bothered by the lack of info post campaign?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
When working on a game like this I think a lot of the updates would be hard to quantify. Them saying they got the main writing done for parts of three sets done but it was being translated into cards partially and the stories are being fragmented and distilled into single cards would not really tell us much. I think it woul actually raise more questions than it would answer. I have faith in the team that they are full steam ahead. I have played a number of Selinker games and I am not in the least worried that they will do whatever it takes to make this well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
No news or session reports from gencon isn't reassuring either
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
I was hoping to hear from someone who checked it out at GenCon as well. Mike did say it would fully playable there. Maybe someone will chime in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
This will be immensely delayed, I've raised my concerns about it in past as they launched another Kickstarter after this one that also should be delivered soon.

Of course I'm disappointed, but I'd be more disappointed if the game is bad. So if the extra time can mitigate this risk, then I'm happy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
I saw it played, but it already had some people on it and I already know about what's going on so I didn't want to disturb the nice new people they were chatting up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
Rimewisp wrote:
I saw it played, but it already had some people on it and I already know about what's going on so I didn't want to disturb the nice new people they were chatting up.


Should have used this to clear the people out.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
Discerning?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
Sphere wrote:
Discerning?


It is disconcerting that you don't know what discerning means
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
No news or session reports from gencon isn't reassuring either
This is actually the first thing that has caused some concern for me, to be honest. One would think that if the game is as finished as they often claims, then we'd have heard a lot more from GenCon. Another backer posted at the kickstarter that he didn't think the game was going to be delivered until April 2017, which Lone Shark Games claimed that 'they would beat by a lot'. The more nothing continues to happen, the more it becomes likely that even getting the game before Christmas this year is a long shot.

BTW, does anyone know whether they will use a Chinese or US based printer? I couldn't find anything, but it's possible I missed it somewhere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
I can't say I am overly surprised by the delays and lack of communication. Liz Spain's solo Kickstarter is now threes years post-funding with many backers having received nothing. Communication was sporadic at best and has now stopped for four months plus.

When Apocrypha was Kickstarting, I queried this with Mike, and he said that solo projects had no relevance to Lkne Shark projects, and that I shouldn't assume that problems with solo projects were an indication that Lone Shark projects would suffer similar problems. I am disappointed (thoug in truth not surprised) to find that his assurances haven't had up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Anyone else bothered by the lack of info post campaign?


Just so you guys know, we delayed our post-Gen Con report to update the final print-and-play for PAX West, which we're going to roll out in the next 48 hours. Plus, we have a lot more art to share. I think you'll like the next update.

Mike
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lack of news, updates is discerning
mike selinker wrote:
Just so you guys know, we delayed our post-Gen Con report to update the final print-and-play for PAX West, which we're going to roll out in the next 48 hours. Plus, we have a lot more art to share. I think you'll like the next update.

Mike


Which was mentioned in the comments of the Kickstarter page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the latest Dukes of Dice patreon interview with Mike Selinker. He goes into a lot of detail on Apocrypha and many other projects Lone Shark Games has in the funnel.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Check out the latest Dukes of Dice patreon interview with Mike Selinker. He goes into a lot of detail on Apocrypha and many other projects Lone Shark Games has in the funnel.


I would prefer the publisher/designers keeps us informed instead of having to dig for it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Check out the latest Dukes of Dice patreon interview with Mike Selinker. He goes into a lot of detail on Apocrypha and many other projects Lone Shark Games has in the funnel.


I would prefer the publisher/designers keeps us informed instead of having to dig for it.


Well it does suck that they aren't a bit more pro-active, but you got an update in this thread that there will be updates soon, so yay there!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not concerned about the game getting done. Mike Selinker has been in the game industry long enough that I have high confidence this will be completed.

But it's been very clear for a very long time that they are not close on the planned timeframe. Every time they give a new date, I think to myself, "Yeah, whatever."

Personally, I don't really care that it's late. But it's gonna be real late.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rimewisp wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Check out the latest Dukes of Dice patreon interview with Mike Selinker. He goes into a lot of detail on Apocrypha and many other projects Lone Shark Games has in the funnel.


I would prefer the publisher/designers keeps us informed instead of having to dig for it.


Well it does suck that they aren't a bit more pro-active, but you got an update in this thread that there will be updates soon, so yay there!


a response that there will be an update is not an "update" .. its a promise. We'll see if they keep it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When it comes, it comes. Backing a Kickstarter project and expecting it to ship on time is a sure way to find yourself disappointed.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Rimewisp wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Check out the latest Dukes of Dice patreon interview with Mike Selinker. He goes into a lot of detail on Apocrypha and many other projects Lone Shark Games has in the funnel.


I would prefer the publisher/designers keeps us informed instead of having to dig for it.


Well it does suck that they aren't a bit more pro-active, but you got an update in this thread that there will be updates soon, so yay there!


a response that there will be an update is not an "update" .. its a promise. We'll see if they keep it.


And suddenly this thread makes sense.

Do tell us if you find something wrong with the update not meeting your standards, as I'm sure you will.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
When it comes, it comes. Backing a Kickstarter project and expecting it to ship on time is a sure way to find yourself disappointed.


I've backed over 150 projects. Waiting is never an issue. Lack of updates/communication is. Curious to hear if anyone played the game at gencon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ohbalto wrote:
When it comes, it comes. Backing a Kickstarter project and expecting it to ship on time is a sure way to find yourself disappointed.


I've backed over 150 projects. Waiting is never an issue. Lack of updates/communication is. Curious to hear if anyone played the game at gencon.


Not a game I'm backing, but I have been following a little bit since I might be interested in their other game. I find it odd too that no one put feedback from playing either at Gencon.

I also agree that not getting any kind of update or communication for a while is concerning in a campaign. They do generally take longer than they say, but I think it's fair to expect to hear the status of the project.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Curious to hear if anyone played the game at gencon.

They're also showing it off at PAX West (booth 7505, IIRC) -- so additional chances someone will post their thoughts on the game in its current state.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ohbalto wrote:
When it comes, it comes. Backing a Kickstarter project and expecting it to ship on time is a sure way to find yourself disappointed.


I've backed over 150 projects. Waiting is never an issue. Lack of updates/communication is. Curious to hear if anyone played the game at gencon.

On the podcast, Mike said Lone Shark was putting together an update.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
On the podcast, Mike said Lone Shark was putting together an update.


Indeed so. Here it is.

By the way, I think all the comments above are totally fair. The way we do updates, they take a while to write, and we like to include something big that you haven't seen. So we wanted the print and play demo to be complete and revised from Gen Con to the new version for PAX West. That takes time. But it's totally legit to want more communication. We get in what we can while we're cranking on making the game.

Thanks for your support, guys.

Mike
13 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.