Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From http://www.reich-der-spiele.de/specials/martin-schlegel-luth...

Not much detail on the game itself, but this quote from the designer was interesting.

(Auto-translated by Google Translate)

Quote:

Luther speaks as a subject sure to have a large audience. For what types of players this board game do you think is most appropriate?

"It is not for people who are looking for a highly complex game. It's a family game, has an easy start with relatively short rules. My principle is 'yes, it takes the brain to reflection, it should not clutter up with rules.' by the glossary of the players circle expands. It is best suited to groups of young people and other persons interested in the topic 'Luther'"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quick note about the glossary (I didn't understand the sentence at first and looked up the interview).

Schlegel and his wife developed this game together, with him doing the mechanics and her being the "theme" person. Which resulted in a glossary of terms and persons being included in the games' rulebook. This glossary (and the theming) is supposed to appeal to a wider audience.

Also, the sentence before that is something like: "You know, my principle is: 'You need the brain for thinking, so it shouldn't be cluttered up with rules.'"

Edit: minor mistake: the glossary comes as a separate booklet (included in the game), not in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is a nice family-weight game and Sola Fide: The Reformation is a deeper gaming experience, fans of the Reformation will have the best of both worlds. Something for everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:
If this is a nice family-weight game and Sola Fide: The Reformation is a deeper gaming experience, fans of the Reformation will have the best of both worlds. Something for everyone!

Good spot, I missed this one.

I was going to be very disappointed to find out that this game was light, but now I can look forward to Sola Fide instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.