1 , 2  Next »   | 

Black Orchestra» Forums » General

Subject: EU distribution and localization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Handl
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi, I would like to ask if you are planning some EU distribution channels. Here in Czech Rep. (Czechoslovakia on your board there is huge board gaming community with many WW2 buffs and I think translated version will have great success. Did you consider localisation with some local distribution partners?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razer05 wrote:
Hi, I would like to ask if you are planning some EU distribution channels. Here in Czech Rep. (Czechoslovakia on your board there is huge board gaming community with many WW2 buffs and I think translated version will have great success. Did you consider localisation with some local distribution partners?

+1 to this question, with an added UK emphasis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Walsh
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razer05 wrote:

Sorry to go " off topic". But are you serious? It still says Czechoslovakia? That is offensive. Really come on BGG get your act together. Would you be offended if you were still referred to as British colonial america?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handl
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
On game board is correct!!! Game starts at 1936... until 1938 it was Czechoslovakia, then it was divided into Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia and Slovak State and then after war again Czechoslovakia until 1993.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I'm tap-dancing on cultural toes but I'm curious: shouldn't the game board, as a historic landscape, be printed as Czechoslovakia? It wasn't dissolved until the early '90s. A game set in that time should bear the original reference. (I'm currently playing Mare Nostrum, and it bears the names relevant to the time period it's set in; it'd be very odd to see modern equivalents in place.)

Or am I missing something and you're not referring to the game itself?

Edit: too slow and not informed enough. Thanks Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Jones
United States
Franklin
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't have anything finalized yet, but we are looking into potential localized versions in different languages. Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A plain English version would be nice as well, and not just for the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rnijholt wrote:
A plain English version would be nice as well, and not just for the UK.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Jones
United States
Franklin
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game will be available through our international distributors, so no need to worry there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DeadGuyRIP wrote:
Razer05 wrote:

Sorry to go " off topic". But are you serious? It still says Czechoslovakia? That is offensive. Really come on BGG get your act together. Would you be offended if you were still referred to as British colonial america?
Board and in "the game board of Black Orchestra" not as in a "BGG" discussion board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Walsh
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
DeadGuyRIP wrote:
Razer05 wrote:

Board and in "the game board of Black Orchestra" not as in a "BGG" discussion board.

Suddenly realised this but to ashamedly embarrassed to admit it. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows if Game Salute will make an appearance at Spiel in Essen and if Black Orchestra will be available to buy there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Jones
United States
Franklin
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluidkarma wrote:
Anyone knows if Game Salute will make an appearance at Spiel in Essen and if Black Orchestra will be available to buy there?

Game Salute will be at Essen, but Black Orchestra won't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluidkarma wrote:

There is no change that (at least the english version) will be displayed at a fair in Germany. I would be confiscated by the police/customs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredericus Rex
Germany
Bamberg
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Fluidkarma wrote:

There is no change that (at least the english version) will be displayed at a fair in Germany. I would be confiscated by the police/customs.

No it wouldn't. There are is not a single swastika on the cover. And You see WW2 wargames (some where you actually can play SS-Units) sold each year on the fair.

Stop scaring people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphikiel wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Fluidkarma wrote:

No it wouldn't. There are is not a single swastika on the cover. And You see WW2 wargames (some where you actually can play SS-Units) sold each year on the fair.

Stop scaring people.

Maybe I'm no expert but there are clearly swatikas at the back of the cover. In a WW2 wargame some can argue this is due to realism and most of the time it's ok for the customs but in this case and with this comical look they will argue that it's a use of symbols of unconstitutional organizations for fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik H
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Where can I pre order one in the EU? Didn't see anything at Spiel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
phusebox wrote:

It was not in Spiel, since germans have a little problem with the swastika. So it is not possible to import it to Germany as far as i know. Anyway, you can order it on http://www.blackorchestra.com/ since you are not in Germany.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
phusebox wrote:

Hi, Erik - you can preorder Black Orchestra here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$40 to ship to the Netherlands.... plus potentially import duty. That's a nono. shake

Is there no distributor for this game within the European Union?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rnijholt wrote:
$40 to ship to the Netherlands.... plus potentially import duty. That's a nono. shake

Yes, the game will be in European distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik H
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Game Salute wrote:
rnijholt wrote:

Ok great because 100$ + taxes is way too expensive. When do you expect it to hit European shores? Will it be in general retail or do we have to order it online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
phusebox wrote:
Game Salute wrote:
rnijholt wrote:

Ok great because 100$ + taxes is way too expensive. When do you expect it to hit European shores? Will it be in general retail or do we have to order it online?

The US street date is November 25th, so I would expect it to be at European distributors (Enigma Distribution, Spiral Galaxy Games and Brave New World, possibly Esdevium in the future) in December. It's hard to estimate times after that since that is at the whims of the distributor, but it will be available in local retail. Definitely check in with your shop owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina Schrempf
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brave New World is a distributor in Cologne, Germany. So, it will be available in Germany after all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baki
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Candacis wrote:
Brave New World is a distributor in Cologne, Germany. So, it will be available in Germany after all?

I wrote an email to Brave New World, and the answer was yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.