David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hiya! I'm looking for a few good interested parties to try out my updated design:

The rules and PNP files can all be found in this document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0tRc59gRmI8bndWZzBlN3drV3c...

I'd be grateful for any input you might have! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Koenig
Taiwan
Dan Shui
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks extremely interesting. My ability to PnP is limited atm, but I will atleast look over the rules and tell you what I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Orwe11 wrote:
This looks extremely interesting. My ability to PnP is limited atm, but I will atleast look over the rules and tell you what I think.

Thanks!! I'd really appreciate that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of M. C. Escher's drawings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
Reminds me of M. C. Escher's drawings.

That intent is there, for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks cute and fun! Not too much stuff to glue and cut either. I'll try to do this on the weekend. I really like that it uses an isometric view to simulate height.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
geerhead wrote:
This looks cute and fun! Not too much stuff to glue and cut either. I'll try to do this on the weekend. I really like that it uses an isometric view to simulate height.

Awesome, thank you!! I'll be excited to hear what you think of the gameplay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, have I missed something? I don't see in the rules how you get tiles into your hand or anything about hand size. Can you clarify please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Geruntho
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks fantastic and a very unique idea! I've added it's to my list of games to PnP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
geerhead wrote:
Wait, have I missed something? I don't see in the rules how you get tiles into your hand or anything about hand size. Can you clarify please?

Sorry that was tough to parse—you start with (and always maintain) a hand of 3 tiles. So as soon as you place a tile, immediately draw a new one.

(It's mentioned once or twice in the rules, particularly in Setup and Placing Tiles, but it's understandable that you missed it, as these rules are homebrewed.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
jjg101 wrote:
This looks fantastic and a very unique idea! I've added it's to my list of games to PnP.

Awesome, thank you so much! Can't wait to see what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smrvl wrote:
geerhead wrote:

Sorry that was tough to parse—you start with (and always maintain) a hand of 3 tiles. So as soon as you place a tile, immediately draw a new one.

(It's mentioned once or twice in the rules, particularly in Setup and Placing Tiles, but it's understandable that you missed it, as these rules are homebrewed.)

Ah, there it is. I didn't read the "Place a Tile" section closely enough - just skimmed it. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Hauck
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The isometric tiles are really intriguing, I would be very interested in this I will see how the printing goes at home tonight and see if I can't get a good copy to play and let you know what I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
RhiaHawk wrote:
The isometric tiles are really intriguing, I would be very interested in this I will see how the printing goes at home tonight and see if I can't get a good copy to play and let you know what I think.

Cool, thank you very much! I'm excited to see what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moyer
United States
New York
flag msg tools
This game looks awesome! I had the same sort of idea from a rhombus thread earlier, but way less concrete and very much just an idea. If I can find the time to print it out and give you some feedback I definitely will. I don't know if you've seen Cubus, but it has a similar pattern sort of idea. It doesn't have the meeples though, but it might give a little insight to something? Good luck, this game looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
nmjcman101 wrote:
This game looks awesome! I had the same sort of idea from a rhombus thread earlier, but way less concrete and very much just an idea. If I can find the time to print it out and give you some feedback I definitely will. I don't know if you've seen Cubus, but it has a similar pattern sort of idea. It doesn't have the meeples though, but it might give a little insight to something? Good luck, this game looks great.

Oh, cool!! I didn't know about Cubus! Knew I couldn't be the very first person to come up with this idea. Very cool, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W

Bonney Lake
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed it off this morning. Looking forward to play it later today with my 3 kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
CashLiam wrote:
I printed it off this morning. Looking forward to play it later today with my 3 kids.

Awesome!! Can't wait to hear what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W

Bonney Lake
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it with my older sister and we both enjoyed it. At first she couldn't see the different level/dimensions. From her angle all the grass was pointed down and her path was going down. She tried to block my path(I was climbing up) with a vine tile, thinking I was also going down. We oriented all of the grass tiles so they were pointing up and then she saw the different levels. We used the warrior and village cards. We had Koa and Iolana, very powerful warriors. We didn't use 1 trail token the whole game. Missed the instructions about stopping the turn at the tree tile. Took about 40 minutes to complete the gameplay. I won 45 to 42.
I'all play it tonight with the kids and let you know how that goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W

Bonney Lake
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Couple questions: my village card was Most Lava Adjacent to Path. My path was up the vine and then to the right. Are those 2 lava tiles adjacent to my path?
If two tiles were placed up above the lava and connect to the tiles to the right, at the end game scoring, would I have to take the shortest path back to the starting tile? Never mind I just re-read the rules and it is shortest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W

Bonney Lake
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished 2nd game with my kids ages 10, 7, and 5. We used the cards, Makaha and Hiapo were effective, 'Eleu and Kaimana seems less so (difficult to get 3 adjacent grass tiles and Kaimana didn't have any pool tiles). None of the village objectives were meet. There were 2 ties for the Most __ tiles but since there is no mention of ties in the rules no points were rewarded. No Banner tokens gotten, banner tiles were placed late or in strategic location (below a vine or cliff). Final scores 16, 13, 11, and 9. My oldest 2 really liked the game and thought the 3D aspect is cool. Sitting on the side of the table, not directly in front of the board, I did lose some depth perception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
CashLiam wrote:
Played it with my older sister and we both enjoyed it...

This is GREAT! I'm so glad you had a good time! Man, seeing it on your table is just so cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
CashLiam wrote:

Couple questions: my village card was Most Lava Adjacent to Path. My path was up the vine and then to the right. Are those 2 lava tiles adjacent to my path?

"Adjacent" is a little nebulous, I now realize. The idea is that your shortest path shares more edges with lava tiles than any other warrior's. None of the village cards are meant to be particularly easy to achieve, but this is definitely a tricky one. I might see balancing the difficulty a tad more in the finished game through bumping up the point value of the more difficult village cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
CashLiam wrote:
Just finished 2nd game with my kids ages 10, 7, and 5... Sitting on the side of the table, not directly in front of the board, I did lose some depth perception.

I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! I know, I've felt the lost depth perception thing myself. It's a game that really rewards two players sitting side by side, or else sort of orbiting the table on your turn. And yet, I found it was still really playable even without the illusion, just following edge placement logic. Did it seem that way to you?

Either way, thanks so much for printing and playing it! This kind of feedback is invaluable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W

Bonney Lake
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is still very playable from that angle.
Thinking about it last night and the banner tokens seem way too powerful. In a 4p game 10pts would double the score of a player. Maybe have the points rewarded by the banner token scaled by the number of players, 2p-10, 3p-8, 4p-6. Or keep it at 10pts and have a rule that you can't place your corresponding colored banner.
Have you thought of any solo variant rules for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.