GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,767 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Hit Z Road» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about flee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If i choose a path, and i decide to flee before the first cards zombies, then i need to deal with the second card too, or i discard both cards on this path?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleeing just lets you avoid fighting the zombies on a card (and if you do, you don't get the card for scoring purposes). You still have to move on to the next card (if there is one) and if there are zombies there you have to either fight or flee again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Those were our thoughts as well, but we want a second opinion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
To add to this question, when you flee, do you still keep the scavenged resources and any tokens or effects you picked up before you fought? If you keep all of that, that makes gas tokens even better because if a card has zombies but no points you might as well always run to not chance losing a survivor to a bad die roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n s
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can keep the resources. The rulebook says that you can flee anytime before the melee fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kisnord wrote:
I think you can keep the resources. The rulebook says that you can flee anytime before the melee fight.

Does this mean players can flee from any card with a negative event (e.g., roll X or lose Y) even after collecting resources from that card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Guy
United States
California
flag msg tools
Check the rules on page 7.

First, you scavenge - take the resources top left corner of card.

Second, you resolve events - text in lower left corner... black text is "this happens now." Red text is "here's how the upcoming zombie fight is different"

Third, you fight - Zombie count is on the lower right...and THIS is the only bit with the option to flee by spending 2 gas (unless the red text says you can't).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification. I didn't know how far back the phrase "before any melee round" (p. 8) applies, i.e., only right before the melee round or anytime during the resolution of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.