Subject: Prince Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Z
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I suspect that the answer is yes and I've just missed it, but:

Prince says to set aside a card costing up to $4. Does that apply to cards like Mercenary or Fugitive (costing $0* and $4* respectively) because they are not in the supply? I suspect yes (and played as such) because it doesn't say 'in the supply', just 'from your hand'.

Thanks.
Z.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercenary would be immediately discarded from play during your next turn, so it would be an odd choice, but legal.

Fugitive is OK to Prince, as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Pawlak
Poland
near Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
Mercenary would be immediately discarded from play during your next turn, so it would be an odd choice, but legal.

You meant "Madman", not "Mercenary", I suppose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
m_knox wrote:
ousgg wrote:

You meant "Madman", not "Mercenary", I suppose...

Oops - yes I did! A bit of Mine/Mint syndrome going on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
zombie13 wrote:
Prince says to set aside a card costing up to $4. Does that apply to cards like Mercenary or Fugitive (costing $0* and $4* respectively) because they are not in the supply? I suspect yes (and played as such) because it doesn't say 'in the supply', just 'from your hand'.

Yes, the asterisk is just a reminder that there's something weird going on there (such as the inability to actually buy the card, or the cost-changing of Peddler). A card with a cost of $4* actually has a cost of $4 and so can be set aside with Prince. Ditto for e.g. $4+ on Herald.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.