United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MEPAcon Fall 2016

http://mepacon.com/

About MEPACON

Over two-hundred hours of gaming in Mid-Eastern Pennsylvania with the premier meet-up of gamers of all stripes. From dedicated role-playing fans to the casual board game player, MEPACON delivers multiple tracts of entertainment for all ages. Experience three-days of jam packed entertainment with hosted gaming sessions, contests, game auction of new and vintage games, miniature painting and access to the latest and greatest games provided by on site vendors.

Early Bird registration FULL weekend 35, at the door 40

GM registration currently open.

About the Hotel

Hilton Scranton & Conference Center 100 Adams Avenue Scranton, Pennsylvania

Rooms are reserved at the Hilton Scranton & Conference Center for guests of MEPACON. Room rates are $124.00 for Standard King or Standard Double.

Please call 570-343-3000 or go online to www.scranton.hilton.com and use the group code MEPA to make your reservations. Any remaining rooms are returned to the hotel’s inventory for public availability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Falk
msg tools
Is there any kind of schedule or is it just open gaming and the auction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Concetta
United States
Basking Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Closer to the date, the gaming schedule will be posted. They usually use Warhorn but the website looks different this year so we shall see.

There is also a very small game library, a few play-to-win games and room for open gaming.

I will try to remember to post it when I see that the schedule is up.

My family and I have attended 4 or 5 times - we love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sklar
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to again clarify, there IS open gaming correct? Would be the reason I attend. After many "scheduled" cons this year, I just want to play what I what and when

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Concetta
United States
Basking Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gralem wrote:
Just to again clarify, there IS open gaming correct? Would be the reason I attend. After many "scheduled" cons this year, I just want to play what I what and when

Oh, Erick - If you are only coming for open gaming then someone else needs to answer this question for you. I am no help.

Yes, I have seen open gaming. There is definitely, at a minimum, a small group that brings games and plays them "off schedule". Are there more? I don't know. Probably?

My family schedules ourselves for board games. My son, who plays D&D, schedules himself, too.

I know there are others here on BGG that go to Mepacon so I am hoping that they can give you a better idea of the open gaming scene.

Or email the organizers - they are helpful and super nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sklar
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh fine, then Ill have to SCHEUDLE then. More work. Sheesh :\

Only kidding

Erick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sklar
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please shed some light on the open gaming aspect at this con? Amount of people participating in open gaming? Ease to find a game and / or players? Thanks.

j-train1 wrote:
MEPAcon Fall 2016

http://mepacon.com/

About MEPACON

Over two-hundred hours of gaming in Mid-Eastern Pennsylvania with the premier meet-up of gamers of all stripes. From dedicated role-playing fans to the casual board game player, MEPACON delivers multiple tracts of entertainment for all ages. Experience three-days of jam packed entertainment with hosted gaming sessions, contests, game auction of new and vintage games, miniature painting and access to the latest and greatest games provided by on site vendors.

Early Bird registration FULL weekend 35, at the door 40

GM registration currently open.

About the Hotel

Hilton Scranton & Conference Center 100 Adams Avenue Scranton, Pennsylvania

Rooms are reserved at the Hilton Scranton & Conference Center for guests of MEPACON. Room rates are $124.00 for Standard King or Standard Double.

Please call 570-343-3000 or go online to www.scranton.hilton.com and use the group code MEPA to make your reservations. Any remaining rooms are returned to the hotel’s inventory for public availability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alot of the people schedule slots of the board games they are running. THere are sign up lists outside of the main game room to tell you want board/rpg games are running for that slot and what table number they are at. You can tell if there is open space for the game you might be interested in.

Now if you just want to bring your own games and just have open play just check with the organizer to make sure the table you want is free.

In the back if the main hall there is a library of games that people can just borrow and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.