Subject: Acos faction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bayster
Belgium
Sint-Niklaas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on rules to add an Acos faction. Keeping with the lore Acos should be a bit of an odd duck, and since Acos is the Spike, I came up with some rules to reflect this. Also the gameplay and goals should shift as soon as Acos is dead. I'd like to have all mostali have a different effect, making them very mechanistic and representing their inherent magical abilities. After the spike shatters Acos can no longer build his minions, so only the clay and iron dwarfs are left and remaining true mostali are treasured. Here's what I have so far, suggestions very welcome:
The Acos player starts with a mine on the Spike.
The Acos-player is disregarded when determining the starting player, however, if he has more power than the starting player, the Acos player may choose the direction in which actions will be performed.
When Acos is in play, the Spike does not shatter when a player reaches 10 VP.

At the beginning of the action phase, before the starting player takes his action, the Acos-player chooses which action he wishes to perform (construct or upgrade a building, summon unit, move, battle & conquest or unique action). Pick the corresponding action card (these need to be created as a faction component) and put it face down in front of you.
The Acos player does not perform his actions as usual, instead, after all other players have performed their action, but before the first player takes the next action, the Acos player reveals the action he chose and performs it. He then chooses a new action card (the same action may also be chosen).

If at any time the Acos player cannot perform the action they chose and the Spike is still in play, the Spike shatters. (I still need to come up with a way to make him lose power easily, be it incentives in costly abilities or ways for other players to steal power).

(1) Gold Mostali (can only be summoned on the spike, cost: 2 power)
(1) Quicksilver Mostali (can only be summoned on the spike, cost: 2 power)
(1) Lead Mostali (can only be summoned on the spike, cost: 2 power)
(1) Copper Mostali (can only be summoned on the spike, cost: 2 power)
(1) Brass Mostali (can only be summoned on the spike, cost: 2 power)
(1) Rock Mostali (can only be summoned on the spike, cost: 2 power)
(1) Silver Mostali (can only be summoned on the spike, cost: 2 power)
(1) Tin Mostali (can only be summoned on the spike, cost: 2 power) : In an area where there is a tin mostali, after kills have been assigned, the Acos player chooses one kill to negate.
(2) Iron mostali: Mortal minion (cost: 2 power) combat: 1

(4) Clay mostali: Mortal minion, combat: 1
(1) Diamond mostali: Lesser God, combat: 1

Buildings: 4x mine (cost 2), mines can be built where there is already another building, but the maximum amount of buildings in an area cannot exceed 2.

Acos Gift
Clay (action: 1 power) summon a clay mostali at a mine.

Acos Gift
Iron (Battle) instead of rolling their die, Iron Mostali automatically inflict a kill in battle

Acos Gift
Diamond (action: 2 power) replace a clay Mostali on the map with the diamond Mostali from your pool.

(Power generation is still to be looked at).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.