Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah Smith
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased favor of the pharaoh from a stall at a game day and when I got home I found that I have 2 serf dice and no voyage dice. I looked up Beziers replacement component procedure and found that because I am based outside of the USA, I have to pay for the postage for the missing component.

Is this standard practice for board game publishers?

Update: Bezier is sending out the replacement piece free of charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Indru
Romania
Timisoara
Timis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bluechu wrote:

No, it's not.
I have received replacements 3 times from publishers in the US, and none asked for postage costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had dealings directly with Bezier, but with Tasty Minstrel Games, Stonemaier Games, Eagle-Gryphon Games and GMT Games I have been nothing but impressed with their customer service with respect to "missing/broken as delivered" components. In none of those instances have I been out of pocket in any manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bluechu wrote:
I recently purchased favor of the pharaoh from a stall at a game day and when I got home I found that I have 2 serf dice and no voyage dice. I looked up Beziers replacement component procedure and found that because I am based outside of the USA, I have to pay for the postage for the missing component.

No,mostly because there are no industry-wide standard practices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Bluechu wrote:

I don't know the details of Bezier Games operation, but I suspect that this is mostly a "CYA" rule for certain situations (for example, a used game obtained in a trade with large damaged components). For a production problem on a new game, I would be very surprised if they charged you shipping.

Contact Bezier Games via e-mail, explain your problem, and see what response you get. Then report the results here. Sorry for your inconvenience. I hope you enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Bluechu wrote:

I don't know the details of Bezier Games operation, but I suspect that this is mostly a "CYA" rule for certain situations (for example, a used game obtained in a trade with large damaged components). Contact them via e-mail, explain your problem, and see what response you get.

I know when I had the problem of a bunch of the dice flaking off, they replaced them free of charge (including postage).

I'm in Canada, so it's at least *somewhat* international.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Ich bin Eier aller Arten
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had the same experience with this wee publisher. When I asked that they replace two of their faulty dice. Not only did they request payment for shipping, but they asked that I send them a picture of their faulty dice as proof. Not only was this response insulting but rather petty. ... it was too silly. I responded by repeating my request and I informed them their customer service practices was outside of both the common curtesy and practice that I had ever experienced in the few similar requests that I had with other publishers in my 40 years of gaming.
They sent the dice Free of charge, no mug shot required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Smith
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting, we do have two dice which are faulty, I wonder if it is the same issue. On the green and blue dice they have imprints for the symbols but they are not coloured white like on the other dice. I was just planning on fixing this with a white sharpie and colouring them in. I guess I really lucked out with this copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.