Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Freeman
United States
Richboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, one is super fortunate to be in the position to get one.

It was super nice to be able to get it before leaving the convention and the price was super cheap ($5).

I only noticed when I got home that it had the new location printed on it, but it no longer listed the year on the shirt.

Did anyone else notice this?

Probably listing the year would effect the cost and how soon you could get it?

Speaking only for myself, but I would be willing to pay more and a delay in getting it just to have the year printed on it. Something as simple as the year gives some context to the achievement.

Just my thoughts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to do that, then I'd like to get the name of the game you won on there.

On the other hand it's nice walking around the streets of Columbus with a shirt that says "Seven Springs" on it while a certain other Columbus resident doesn't have one yet. . . devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved it when the shirts had your own name on it and a picture of the game box. Can we go back to these?

It's worth a delay and potential additional cost to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrimChris wrote:
I loved it when the shirts had your own name on it and a picture of the game box. Can we go back to these?

With all due respect to the game, I'd rather not advertise exactly how I got mine... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I didn't notice that. Chalk me up as one more who'd prefer extra cost and/or delay for shirts with the year on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewE wrote:
I didn't notice that. Chalk me up as one more who'd prefer extra cost and/or delay for shirts with the year on it.

I think the board made a decision to save some cost, knowing that the move was going to be more expensive. They were probably able to order way more than the print run of 100 shirts or less and save a good bit of money on bulk. I think the year is a neat idea, but actually don't mind not having it. I like that you get your shirt right away. I wore mine this year during the con. Not everyone is as smart as Andrew and can collect wins with every year on them.

-Edit
I mean that only as a compliment to how intelligent Andrew is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mb
Spleen wrote:
AndrewE wrote:

I think the board made a decision to save some cost, knowing that the move was going to be more expensive. They were probably able to order way more than the print run of 100 shirts or less and save a good bit of money on bulk. I think the year is a neat idea, but actually don't mind not having it. I like that you get your shirt right away. I wore mine this year during the con. Not everyone is as smart as Andrew and can collect wins with every year on them.

-Edit
I mean that only as a compliment to how intelligent Andrew is.

Yeah, my immediate thought was that now they can save them from year to year and that's the only way to make it possible for people to get them immediately. It is a bit unfortunate, though.

ardrummo wrote:
TrimChris wrote:

With all due respect to the game, I'd rather not advertise exactly how I got mine... blush

Wow, I didn't think they were serious about making Busen Memo a Century event...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I like the traditional ones with the year. I'd certainly be willing to pay more to have them dated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys, with your Centurian shirts angryangryangrywhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
saccenti wrote:
You guys, with your Centurian shirts angryangryangrywhistle

I can't imagine we'll keep them away from you for long. A couple breaks go a little different and you'd have already collected one from Egizia this year. When I was going over my notes for the report I couldn't believe how many bad breaks you caught and how much you had to give up to fix your food issue.

I wouldn't normally describe 2nd by 6.5 points a hair's breadth away, but in that game, it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, at first I thought this thread was going to be about buying shirts to celebrate the discovery of a planet around Proxima Centauri (Centaurians), not about WBC Centurion shirts. Different misspelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
By the way, at first I thought this thread was going to be about buying shirts to celebrate the discovery of a planet around Proxima Centauri (Centaurians), not about WBC Centurion shirts. Different misspelling.

I would like a shirt for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to the original intent of the post...

I think that the board would have a hard time pleasing everyone. A bunch of people here are willing to wait longer and pay extra, but that is not necessarily the consensus.

It was probably far easier for them to do it the easy way, and try and avoid many complaints. It's hard to fault them for that, particularly in the year where they got complaints about almost everything regarding the move.

I reserve the right to feel differently if I get a second shield though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.