2 Posts

Matryoshka» Forums » Rules

Subject: Start with 2or 4 cards the first round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brigitte den Hartog
Netherlands
flag msg tools
When I read the rules, I assume each player have to start with 2 cards on the table, but the small playeraid card said 4 cards. We played it once and I think I perfer to start with 2 extra cards in hand and choose 4 cards on the table to start with. The first round is quite random and nobody knows what to do, 4 cards gives a better idea of who is going to collect a color of Matryoska's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Halaban
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
bridgetvh wrote:
When I read the rules, I assume each player have to start with 2 cards on the table, but the small playeraid card said 4 cards. We played it once and I think I perfer to start with 2 extra cards in hand and choose 4 cards on the table to start with. The first round is quite random and nobody knows what to do, 4 cards gives a better idea of who is going to collect a color of Matryoska's.

During preparation, before the first round starts, each player places 2 cards in their display.

Then you play the 3 steps of the first round:
a) take two cards
b) trade cards
c) renew your display

The small player aid refers to step c) of each round.
So when you reach step c) on the first round you take the 2 cards you placed in in front of you (during preparation) back to your hand. And then you place 4 cards from your hand in the table as your new display.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.