Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the DISCUSSION thread for the Fall Granite Game Summit No Ship Math Trade in Nashua, New Hampshire (http://www.granitegamesummit.com/) . This is a place to discuss the trade, ask questions of the moderator, etc. Please do not use this to call people out publicly or anything like that. Also, please try to limit discussion to topics related to THIS specific Math Trade. If you want to engage in a debate on the merits or politics of math trades in general, this isn't really the thread for that. Thanks!

Dates
- Submissions close: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 9:00 PM EDT
- Wants due: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 9:00 PM EDT
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close
- Trade Execution: Saturday, October 22nd, 3:00pm at Granite Game Summit

Trade Geeklist: Fall Granite Game Summit 2016 No Ship Math Trade - Nashua, NH
Requests Geeklist: Fall Granite Game Summit 2016 No Ship Math Trade - Nashua, NH (Request List)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the day of the event, just bring your trades to the pre-determined location. There will be signs hanging up with usernames and which games go to that user. Once your pile is complete, take your pile and continue gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small delay in closing listings and opening for wantlist submissions. Two of the items threw errors as they were missing the "altname" tags and couldn't be added.

Once those are resolved, we'll get things back rolling again.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all -

Just wanted to give a little notice about the end of the submission period.

The trade is set to end at 9:00PM this Saturday, October 1st, with results posted shortly thereafter.

I'm amending this a bit, as I've had last minute "life stuff" change and mess with my timing.

The trade will still end on Saturday, at 9:00PM, but results will take a while - whenever I arrive home that evening/early morning.

Sorry for the slight change, but in the long run it will have no effect. The results will be up a little later than originally thought, but you will still have plenty of time to get that untraded stuff up in the auction.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the Math Trade unfortunately, but can someone post a link to the auction? My search-fu is failing miserably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, Paul. And GO SOX!

CLOSED - Fall Granite Game Summit Auction - Nashua, NH October 22, 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results posted! I don't see a whole lot of potential problems, so I'm calling these 99% official. If I don't hear otherwise by 10AM tomorrow, I'll call them 100% official.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are final!!! Send your trade requests, and we'll see everyone at G2S!

If your games didn't trade, feel free to add them to the auction:

CLOSED - Fall Granite Game Summit Auction - Nashua, NH October 22, 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan LaFlamme

Arkham
Massachusetts
msg tools
badge
Out of curiosity, anyone know what the average trade to post percentage is for math trades? Somehow I feel the 14% seen here is low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's a tough question to answer as we can't really compare apples to apples with a lot of math trades. I'm only going to look at small no-ship math trades, as the larger shipping ones are obviously not good to use in comparison.

Let's take a look at this Fall G2S MT:

Fall G2S wrote:
Total items - 232
Items with blank or non-submitted wants - 59
Items trading - 23

Total users = 19
Users with at least one trade = 11
Users not submitting wantlists = 6

Item trade percent (adjusted to remove blanks) - 13.29%

Average # of wants (ignoring empty): 10

And the first G2S MT:
First G2S wrote:
Total items - 191
Items with blank or non-submitted wants - 25
Items trading - 35

Total users = 20
Users with at least one trade = 14
Users not submitting wantlists = 1

Item trade percent (adjusted to remove blanks) - 21.08%

Average # of wants (ignoring empty): 9

And look at one that is of a similar size for the Buffalo area:
Buffalo MT wrote:
Total items - 226
Items with blank or non-submitted wants - 16
Items trading - 52

Total users = 15
Users with at least one trade = 14
Users not submitting wantlists = 0

Item trade percent (adjusted to remove blanks) - 24.76%

Average # of wants (ignoring empty): 23

Finally one that was in NYC:
NYC MT wrote:
Total items - 212
Items with blank or non-submitted wants - 46
Items trading - 17

Total users = 26
Users with at least one trade = 15
Users not submitting wantlists = 3

Item trade percent (adjusted to remove blanks) - 10.24%

Average # of wants (ignoring empty): 7

Now the first thing that jumps out is that, for the most part, the fewer items with blank wants there are the more trades there will be. This seems like an obvious conclusion, but the numbers support it. When you take 59 items out of the trade loop entirely, it can drastically cut down on the number of trades.

The next thing is a little bit more of a stretch, but stick with me. Looking at "Average # of wants" will give you a good idea of how popular the items in the trade were. Each item in a math trade will be "wanted" by any number of other items - so if I have Red7 up for trade, and only one other trader was willing to trade 3 of his 10 items for that, the "# of wants" for Red7 would be 3.

If something is highly sought after, it will have a high number of wants. In the Fall G2S Math Trade, that item was Orléans with 88 wants. So, looking at that average number will give you an idea of the perceived desirability of the items up for trade.

The average number of wants in three of the four trades listed above are low. To me that says that a good chunk of the items aren't things most people wanted. I'm not saying they are BAD items, just stuff that wasn't as desirable to most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan LaFlamme

Arkham
Massachusetts
msg tools
badge
Interesting data. I haven't done enough to have a baseline is all. Low participant numbers I'm sure factor in too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.