$20.00
Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Steam» Forums » General

Subject: Good Expansion or Maps, for each player count (2-6)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
after months avoiding it, I finally succumbed to this game.
I took a good oportunity to buy the base game, and I'm starting to search about the maps, and expansions.
¿Could some of you give me advice on which expansion(s) I need -besides the base game- for having one good map for each player count ranging from 2 to 6 players?
I would preferably avoid rules changes on them, so I can teach it only once and just change player count without having to teach new rules or exceptions each time.

Just for the record, on my internet shopping store I have expansions #3 and #4 available. Maybe I could also print some maps if there are available somewhere online. I pretend using basic rules.

Thanks a lot in advance...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played and like the Belgium map (2 players)..
Which inspired me to create my own..
http://www.partymeeple.com.au/index.php?page=steam-boards

Though if you look around here, I'm pretty sure I saw a geek list of all the possible maps, published and fan based.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK there are no such map
All additional maps are for very special range of players (2, 2-3, 3, 3-4 etc.).
Also there are more or less changed rules (I like it ).

2 players map must be small with only few cities and towns.
Maps for more players (5-7) must be large with many posibilities to deliver goods.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WRSZS wrote:
AFAIK there are no such map
All additional maps are for very special range of players (2, 2-3, 3, 3-4 etc.).

Actually what I want to have is one good map for 2 players, another good map for 3 players, another one for 4 players, and so on, without having to buy a lot of expansions.
I didn't mean only one map for all player counts.

I guess with the base game I would have a good map for 4 players, and another for 5 players, so maybe I only need 3 good maps: for 2, 3 and 6 players each.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Becker
France
Orléans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alerce wrote:
WRSZS wrote:
AFAIK there are no such map
All additional maps are for very special range of players (2, 2-3, 3, 3-4 etc.).

Actually what I want to have is one good map for 2 players, another good map for 3 players, another one for 4 players, and so on, without having to buy a lot of expansions.
I didn't mean only one map for all player counts.

I guess with the base game I would have a good map for 4 players, and another for 5 players, so maybe I only need 3 good maps: for 2, 3 and 6 players each.


In that case, expansion #1 is not a bad choice. Belgium & Luxemburg is quite a good 2 player map, Brussels is great with 3 and the Mid-Atlantic map combines well with the base game map to make a nice 6-player map.
8 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galbolle wrote:
In that case, expansion #1 is not a bad choice. Belgium & Luxemburg is quite a good 2 player map, Brussels is great with 3 and the Mid-Atlantic map combines well with the base game map to make a nice 6-player map.
Great. That was I searching for. Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.