Subject: War Fleet Event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Belgae Bot I have drawn the War Fleet event. This seems to be a very powerful event assuming I am interpreting it correctly.

Does it mean that I can take warbands from anywhere on the map (as it happens they are all in Belgica or Britannia) and then place enough to take control where there is a subdued tribe in the coastal regions on the event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrew,

The Belgae could move their Leader and Warbands as desired "among the Arverni Region, Pictones Region, and Regions within 1 of Britannia" then take a free Command in 1 such Region.

Nervii Region would not qualify, but the other 2 Belgica Regions and Britannia would.

(The qualifying Regions are all that have a sea shore.)

Hope that answers,
Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Hi Andrew,

The Belgae could move their Leader and Warbands as desired "among the Arverni Region, Pictones Region, and Regions within 1 of Britannia" then take a free Command in 1 such Region.

Nervii Region would not qualify, but the other 2 Belgica Regions and Britannia would.

Hope that answers,
Volko
And within those regions the bot instructions for marching would be followed, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, for the NP Belgae there is an Event Instruction (8.2.1):

Quote:
Migration, War Fleet – Losing no Belgic Control, move just enough Warbands to add Belgic Control where a Subdued Tribe; for
Migration, place an Ally; for War Fleet, Rally

Within that, random (8.3.4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Volko. So a very good event for the Belgae who have now outflanked me while I was dealing with the Arveni up the middle.

One other question. As the event says move any of your Warbands, does this mean that those who aren't on the coast ie in Nervii, can wander over to the coast and hop on the boat? Or do the warbands have to be on the coastal regions already?

Thanks
Andrew

Volko wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Hope that answers,
Volko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrew, the latter. "Coastal maneuver: Move any of your Warbands, Auxilia, Legions, or Leaders among the Arverni Region, Pictones Region, and Regions within 1 of Britannia. ..."

And good work, Belgae!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I get it now. It was the way I was reading the sentence. I read it as you could move ANY of your warbands TO ONLY the coastal regions, whereas it is move ANY of your warbands who are ALREADY ON coastal regions to a different coastal region.

Volko wrote:
Hi Andrew, the latter. "Coastal maneuver: Move any of your Warbands, Auxilia, Legions, or Leaders among the Arverni Region, Pictones Region, and Regions within 1 of Britannia. ..."

And good work, Belgae!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, "among", not "to".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
No, for the NP Belgae there is an Event Instruction (8.2.1):

Quote:
Migration, War Fleet – Losing no Belgic Control, move just enough Warbands to add Belgic Control where a Subdued Tribe; for
Migration, place an Ally; for War Fleet, Rally

Within that, random (8.3.4).

Hm, Britain has no control and Subdue tribe, Belgians on all three coastal regions beside Britain but have only one warband (on two of them they have allies though)

So they can move the lone warband from a region they will lose no control and leave the allies alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Sörensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Followup question on this. When using this event, is each group "teleporting" directly from their start region to their destination? Or are they moving through the ones in between?

Makes a huge difference for harassment in our ongoing VASSAL game. We are leaning towards the former, but I thought we might ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hattes wrote:
Followup question on this. When using this event, is each group "teleporting" directly from their start region to their destination? Or are they moving through the ones in between?

Makes a huge difference for harassment in our ongoing VASSAL game.

Nope, doesn't matter. Harassment only applies to March and Seize Commands, but the War Fleet Event doesn't use either.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Sörensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tack för snabbt svar!

Turns out we had misread the playbook tip, which caused confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.