Popular Tags: [View All]
john paul
United States
Fayetteville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing a few rounds of solo/co-op recently, there has definitely been a few situations arise where the rules were unclear on exactly how to proceed. If anyone has a keener eye in regards to the rulebook or any thoughts, please share.

The "Alliance Game" player aid states "When all Heroes are on Level 2 of the dungeon, stop spawning monsters to Level 1." This isn't mentioned anywhere in the core rulebook, nor does it say anything about going from Level 2 to Level 3--do the monsters keep spawning in Level 2 and moving towards the Heroes (stairs to level 3)?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that yes, they continue to spawn on level 2 when you go to level 3. You basically go by the core rules, unless something specifically tells you otherwise (like to stop spawning monsters on level 1 in this for example). If nothing has special rules that state otherwise, you proceed as normal, and as you pointed out, there is nothing in the core rules that tells you to stop spawning them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. The Alliance rules tell you to do everything you do for the Epic game, so we played where the level 2 monsters keep spawning and heading towards the stairs.

I'm not too crazy about the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnmikepauljr wrote:
The "Alliance Game" player aid states "When all Heroes are on Level 2 of the dungeon, stop spawning monsters to Level 1." This isn't mentioned anywhere in the core rulebook, nor does it say anything about going from Level 2 to Level 3--do the monsters keep spawning in Level 2 and moving towards the Heroes (stairs to level 3)?

IMO: I would extrapolate this rule to mean that once all players are on level 3, which happens as soon as anyone explores that level, to stop spawning monsters to level 2 as well. I'd say that movement of the monsters/bosses from upper levels towards the heroes during each players DM phase would still occur. Once there are no monsters/bosses on a level that has been vacated, you can remove it from the playing area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same reaction and same question. A rule that's on the aid, but not in the rulebook, and a rule that seems partially stated.

Playing it out as stated didn't cause any problems. Even with just 2 heroes, the alliance game wasn't overly difficult, so I played it as written.

The heroes kept using treasure effects to either wipe a room clean of monsters, or freeze the room and keep the DM phase from taking place in the room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.