Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the latest Dukes of Dice patreon interview with Mike Selinker. He goes into a lot of detail on Apocrypha and many other projects Lone Shark Games has in the funnel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Apocrypha related information begins roughly at 38:09.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So he says they need a couple more months to finish developing the game before it goes to the printer and from there there's no prediction as to when backers will get their games. It seems as though it'll be early next year then right, or is that overly hopeful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yesbryn wrote:
So he says they need a couple more months to finish developing the game before it goes to the printer and from there there's no prediction as to when backers will get their games. It seems as though it'll be early next year then right, or is that overly hopeful?

"I hope that we're done with it in a month or two" -- 45:44

I wouldn't take that necessarily to mean development, it could easily be finalizing art and layout/file prep. But yeah, it sounds like it'll go off to the printer between late September and late October. Then it's proofs, shipping, and distribution (to backers, and distributors).

My personal hope is by [calendar] year end, but that's not an expectation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toon_ace wrote:
yesbryn wrote:

I wouldn't take that necessarily to mean development, it could easily be finalizing art and layout/file prep. But yeah, it sounds like it'll go off to the printer between late September and late October. Then it's proofs, shipping, and distribution (to backers, and distributors).

It does seem that it will shift to December or later, but I'm really not concerned. Mike's been doing this for 20 years, I trust him and his crew to do whatever it takes to get the best game they can make into our hands as soon as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And I assure you, there isn't a person in this world who wants this game out more than me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
And I assure you, there isn't a person in this world who wants this game out more than me.

... but it's a multi-way tie for who wants it out most!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toon_ace wrote:
yesbryn wrote:

According to the latest update they are still developing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
yesbryn wrote:

Considering none of their other projections have been accurate I'd say it's overly hopeful, yea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.