Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Watson
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So IHoT is a game for 2-4 players. With 2 players (or with 4, playing in pairs) the gods are a neutral faction, in that they belong to neither player. But they do score points, and might win!

This makes it sound as though a solo version of IHoT might be possible. The player takes either the Greek or Trojan faction, and takes on a god-bot. Any thoughts, official or otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Nikolaou
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Thanks for your interest in the little game I made :-)

I haven't given a thought on a solo variant, but it's very feasible! Here's some ideas:

- Draw 12 cards, 4 for each faction, try to get a final score that's the same for all three factions. If equal, the score is your final score.
- Choose Greeks or Trojans and get all their cards in a deck. Pile all God cards. You play a card from your hand and then Gods play a card.

Some of the abilities might need editing. I would love to playtest a few of those myself and I can get back to you on how fun they are. Any ideas yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moonleaf wrote:

I haven't given a thought on a solo variant, but it's very feasible! Here's some ideas:

- Draw 12 cards, 4 for each faction, try to get a final score that's the same for all three factions. If equal, the score is your final score.
- Choose Greeks or Trojans and get all their cards in a deck. Pile all God cards. You play a card from your hand and then Gods play a card.

Some of the abilities might need editing. I would love to playtest a few of those myself and I can get back to you on how fun they are. Any ideas yourself?

It's great to get such a rapid and encouraging reply from the designer. Thank you, Angelo!

I too have some ideas, but should read the rules (which I've just printed out) and get more of a feel for the cards before I get too attached to any of them. More soon, probably here on BGG, but by email if you prefer it.

Andrew

ps whether there is a solo mode is a key factor for me as a potential Kickstarter backer. I'm sure that I'm not alone in that!

I have designed, with varying degrees of success, solo variants for other games, including Cubist and Strife: Shadows and Steam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cole
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Escape Velocity Games! Yay!
mbmbmbmbmb
AndAgainMA wrote:
Moonleaf wrote:

It's great to get such a rapid and encouraging reply from the designer. Thank you, Angelo!

I too have some ideas, but should read the rules (which I've just printed out) and get more of a feel for the cards before I get too attached to any of them. More soon, probably here on BGG, but by email if you prefer it.

Andrew

ps whether there is a solo mode is a key factor for me as a potential Kickstarter backer. I'm sure that I'm not alone in that!

I have designed, with varying degrees of success, solo variants for other games, including Cubist and Strife: Shadows and Steam.

Sounds like a good idea for a stretch goal to me!

Steve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevencole wrote:

Sounds like a good idea for a stretch goal to me!

Steve.

Steve, I'd agree with you if IHoT was funding more quickly. But it might need help to reach the $9,999 funding goal.

A solo mode, or the commitment that there will be a solo mode, might well help IHoT reach the goal, or reach it more quickly. I don't think that a solo mode would require further components, but it's too early to be sure of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.