Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Empires rulebook:
Empires Rulebook, p. 4 wrote:
Players cannot just take Debt tokens for no reason. Players cannot overpay with Debt (for Dominion: Guilds cards).

Can I safely assume therefore that Stonemason may not gain action cards with in their cost? Since Stonemason reads "When you buy this, you may overpay for it. If you do, gain 2 Action cards each costing the amount you overpaid." a card with in its cost does not cost "the amount I overpaid".

For instance, if I overpay with , I cannot gain an action card that costs (if there was one), because it does not cost "exactly" .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
According to the Empires rulebook:
Empires Rulebook, p. 4 wrote:
Players cannot just take Debt tokens for no reason. Players cannot overpay with Debt (for Dominion: Guilds cards).

Can I safely assume therefore that Stonemason may not gain action cards with in their cost? Since Stonemason reads "When you buy this, you may overpay for it. If you do, gain 2 Action cards each costing the amount you overpaid." a card with in its cost does not cost "exactly" the amount I overpaid.

For instance, if I overpay with , I cannot gain an action card that costs (if there was one), because it does not cost "exactly" .

Yes, that is what that means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.