Matryoshka» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brigitte den Hartog
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I have a question about scoring.

When a player has a row with 5 cards with a gap, like the example in the rules, why give the player 2+4=6 points instead of 10 points.
I agree without the gap is 1 point extra bonus, but that should be more.

A column of matryoska's for example with al the number 6 on it, is also 10 points, with or without gap.

Is there an explanation? I don't see why the difference. Not logic to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Halaban
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
bridgetvh wrote:
I have a question about scoring.

When a player has a row with 5 cards with a gap, like the example in the rules, why give the player 2+4=6 points instead of 10 points.
I agree without the gap is 1 point extra bonus, but that should be more.

A column of matryoska's for example with al the number 6 on it, is also 10 points, with or without gap.

Is there an explanation? I don't see why the difference. Not logic to me.

Hello Brigitte,

In order to score in a line (matryoshka of the same model), you need the cards to be in a sequence with no gaps. As it is more difficult to achieve, specially for long sequences of 5 cards or more, there is a bonus of 1, 2 or 3 points to compensate this difficulty. This bonus also work as an incentive to try to complete these sets. It's a risky "bet".

Cards of the same value are easier to collect in big sets, for any amount of card of the same number will always be considered a complete set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.