Dominion: Empires» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crown an Encampment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We've just played with Crown and Encampment (and some other cards, of course) and I Crowned an Encampment ...

The first time I played encampment (after drawing two cards) I had no plunder nor a gold in my hand so I highlighted (set the card aside) ready to be returned to the supply.

I then played it again and drew two cards, one of which was a gold. We agreed, that the card was already earmarked (set aside) ready for return to supply, so even though a gold had been drawn, I still returned it to supply.

Is this correct. It does seem right and proper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrevorDay wrote:
We've just played with Crown and Encampment (and some other cards, of course) and I Crowned an Encampment ...

The first time I played encampment (after drawing two cards) I had no plunder nor a gold in my hand so I highlighted (set the card aside) ready to be returned to the supply.

I then played it again and drew two cards, one of which was a gold. We agreed, that the card was already earmarked (set aside) ready for return to supply, so even though a gold had been drawn, I still returned it to supply.

Is this correct. It does seem right and proper.
Yes, you correctly returned it. Here's the sequence:

- Play Crown; choose Encampment.
- Play Encampment from your hand for first time; +2 Cards, +2 Actions.
- You may reveal a Gold or Plunder; you reveal nothing.
- Encampment is set aside and will return itself.
- Play Encampment for a second time, following the Crown's instructions. It's still set aside.
- Reveal a Gold now. Nothing happens; the card doesn't say "if you do, it stays in play". There's only a "if you don't" clause.
- Cleanup: Encampment is returned to the supply.

If you neither had a Gold/Plunder on the second play it would had been "Encampment tries to set itself aside and fails, because it has moved itself." At the cleanup it would try to return itself twice to the supply; it would fail the second time.

Also note that if you revealed a Gold/Plunder the first time but not the second (for some weird reason) then it would still return itself to the supply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks ...i'm still sane ... This is as I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.