Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about getting this game, but currently can't find it available.

Is it worth backing the P500 thing on GMT's site? Or should I just wait for it to hit distribution?

I think the CSI price would still be lower than the P500 price, plus it's not like my order is going to make or break it from getting reprinted (though I understand if everyone felt this way, the game would never reach 500 orders...)

Anyway, curious what others have to say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind waiting, you'll definitely be able to get it at CSI or MM for about half the price. And free shipping under certain conditions at CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
My copy is up for trade but I'd consider selling it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:

Is it worth backing the P500 thing on GMT's site? Or should I just wait for it to hit distribution?

I think the CSI price would still be lower than the P500 price, plus it's not like my order is going to make or break it from getting reprinted (though I understand if everyone felt this way, the game would never reach 500 orders...)

Its available on Ebay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:

I have seen a few pop up on wargamers marketplace on Facebook. My experience there has been better than eBay although I am certain to ask the smoking question. You will also find most open to negotiation.

You can also come to the SD Historical Games Convention where I will give a couple away! Www.sdhist.com

PS. P500 more than just a discount. It's a way for all of us to support our favorite small business. GMT Games. Their success or failure has a bigger impact on our hobby than CSInc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turcan
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
GMT's price is $57.00. That's not cheaper than CoolStuff. CSI says they have 11 in stock (which is hard to believe!) at $80.00. If you can wait, support the P500. I only say this so you save money, but a nice side effect is you help the game come along. If you want it now, either buy used or shell out the $80.00 to CSI.

I backed the P500 and got screwed on the exchange as my money isn't worth the plastic its printed on. After shipping and exchange, it came to $105.00 CAD, but had I just waited and got from a retailer here (BoardGameBliss) It would have cost $90.00 CAD. Not a huge difference, but it scared me enough to cancel all my P500's. Once the Canadian dollar gets better, if ever then I'll get back to P500'ing. As for you as an American, WHY THE HELL NOT BUD!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT shipping rates are crazy high, so you can tack on about $14 + shipping anywhere to the US on whatever price they show in the P500 for a realistic price. Also you will not see this reprinted before 2nd quarter of 2017 as it has been stuck in the 300's on the P500 for over 5 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Philips
msg tools
I made the mistake of downloading a pdf of the rules and got so excited about getting my hands on a copy that I went and blew the entire $100 amazon gift card I had left over from my birthday haul and bought a copy at an exorbitant price. Since it was gift card, it was a little easier to splurge, but I probably would have bought it anyway because I just am crazy to get my hands on this game. It should be arriving tomorrow, so I pretty much know what I'm going to be doing for about six hours or so after I get home from work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
Don't feel too bad. I too bought my copy on Amazon (at least I got the free shipping...). But then, I buy very few games, so I felt that I could afford the extra expense.

Otherwise, I'll bet that six hours turns into eight or more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently working through my first solo game after playing through the tutorial. It is a great game(just like the other COIN games I have played), but honestly I am not sure if it is worth the $90+ that Amazon has it for. I would look at one of the other COIN games that is out and going for less or see if you can trade for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
Of course, everyone has to make their own decision regarding "value".

One thing I will say in favor of the price is that the quality of the game components is excellent. The mounted map board, the card stock, the rules booklets, the player aids, etc. (even the box, itself) are all first rate. They give a great "feel" when playing this excellent game. From this perspective, I have not once regretted the expense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
GO BRONCOS!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a new copy for sale at my auction with no bids currently. The auction ends on the 4th.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/213072/clearing-stora...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.