Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My terror is palpable.

Seriously though, my wife's due mid-January. Everything is looking good thus far. We're working on names and such, as well as what we're gonna do about finances and work.

Which is the source of about 90% of my stress currently, but so it goes!
25 
 Thumb up
1.30
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!!

May I suggest, that you give your child a proper Dutch name like Erraspee!?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anemaat wrote:
Congratulations!!

May I suggest, that you give your child a proper Dutch name like Erraspee!?


Or Harmonica
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Congratulations. Let me be the first to tell you unsolicited that you're doing it all wrong and your kid is going to be fucked up for life unless you do it my way.
10 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
My terror is palpable.

Seriously though, my wife's due mid-January. Everything is looking good thus far. We're working on names and such, as well as what we're gonna do about finances and work.

Which is the source of about 90% of my stress currently, but so it goes!


Congratulations on being one of the 107 billion humans who have had this rare and unique experience.
9 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
My terror is palpable.

Seriously though, my wife's due mid-January. Everything is looking good thus far. We're working on names and such, as well as what we're gonna do about finances and work.

Which is the source of about 90% of my stress currently, but so it goes!


Congratulations on being one of the 107 billion humans who have had this rare and unique experience.


Having the kid or being belittled by you?
18 
 Thumb up
0.03
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
batman wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
My terror is palpable.

Seriously though, my wife's due mid-January. Everything is looking good thus far. We're working on names and such, as well as what we're gonna do about finances and work.

Which is the source of about 90% of my stress currently, but so it goes!


Congratulations on being one of the 107 billion humans who have had this rare and unique experience.


Having the kid or being belittled by you?

Why can't it be both?

Congrats and remember, screwing up your child(ren) is the biggest bonus of being a parent.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope your child has health and long life.

Look into "Logical Consequences" books.

Great way of raising a kid.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
batman wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
My terror is palpable.

Seriously though, my wife's due mid-January. Everything is looking good thus far. We're working on names and such, as well as what we're gonna do about finances and work.

Which is the source of about 90% of my stress currently, but so it goes!


Congratulations on being one of the 107 billion humans who have had this rare and unique experience.


Having the kid or being belittled by you?


It's just the facts. the number of humans who have lived on this planet is approx 107 billion. Since most were a part of fathering or bearing a child then it's a relatively mundane experience when contrasted against, for example, winning an Olympic Gold or getting paid $20M a year to throw a football erratically while simultaneously whining about how "your people" are being treated badly by, you know, "them".

I think it's great though that this guy who I don't know and never will meet is having a child that in no way shape or form will ever have any direct impact on making my life better or worse. I do like kids though, so there's that.
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
DWTripp wrote:
I think it's great though that this guy who I don't know and never will meet is having a child that in no way shape or form will ever have any direct impact on making my life better or worse. I do like kids though, so there's that.


That really should be on a Hallmark card.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Congrats to you
2. and here's hoping that labor and birth are healthy and easy for both mother and child.

I don't think you can understand what bringing a child into the world and bringing that child up really means and not be nervous. You'll probably do fine. Ignore the bloke from Idaho.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
remorseless1 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I think it's great though that this guy who I don't know and never will meet is having a child that in no way shape or form will ever have any direct impact on making my life better or worse. I do like kids though, so there's that.


That really should be on a Hallmark card.


That gives me an idea for a thread. RSP Hallmark Cards. WORST. IDEA. EVER.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your life will be irrevocably changed..... for the better! whistle

Enjoy they grow up fast. soblue
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's address the 800 pound gorilla, for the foreseeable future you are going to be broke. You have games, we need games. We will pay your desperation "everything must go" prices and try not to make you cry by offering insulting low amounts of money for them.
7 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rost
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
I think it's great though that this guy who I don't know and never will meet is having a child that in no way shape or form will ever have any direct impact on making my life better or worse. I do like kids though, so there's that.


That really should be on a Hallmark card.


That gives me an idea for a thread. RSP Hallmark Cards. WORST. IDEA. EVER.


On this blessed occasion,
As you prepare for bringing a little miracle into this world,
May you realize that taxation is theft.

Best Wishes

4 
 Thumb up
1.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
My terror is palpable.

Seriously though, my wife's due mid-January. Everything is looking good thus far. We're working on names and such, as well as what we're gonna do about finances and work.

Which is the source of about 90% of my stress currently, but so it goes!

Congratulations, I'm sure it will look like a mix of your wife's boyfriend and her.laugh
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Congratulations, I'm sure it will look like a mix of your wife's boyfriend and her.laugh


All I can hope is that he's better looking than me. It'd be good for the child to have two attractive parents.

TheChin! wrote:
Let's address the 800 pound gorilla, for the foreseeable future you are going to be broke. You have games, we need games. We will pay your desperation "everything must go" prices and try not to make you cry by offering insulting low amounts of money for them.


I've sold video games at Gamestop before. You can't hurt me.

DWTripp wrote:
It's just the facts. the number of humans who have lived on this planet is approx 107 billion. Since most were a part of fathering or bearing a child then it's a relatively mundane experience when contrasted against, for example, winning an Olympic Gold or getting paid $20M a year to throw a football erratically while simultaneously whining about how "your people" are being treated badly by, you know, "them".

I think it's great though that this guy who I don't know and never will meet is having a child that in no way shape or form will ever have any direct impact on making my life better or worse. I do like kids though, so there's that.


Well, I mean, realistically you'll be long, long dead from extreme old age before she has any chance to make a real impact in the world. (Seriously though, your sentiment is appreciated too.)

damiangerous wrote:
Congratulations. Let me be the first to tell you unsolicited that you're doing it all wrong and your kid is going to be fucked up for life unless you do it my way.


Do you read my posts? The kid is fuuuuuuucked.

anemaat wrote:
Congratulations!!

May I suggest, that you give your child a proper Dutch name like Erraspee!?


Sadly my wife already has plans. I'll warn her about your objections though!

galad2003 wrote:
Congrats! You'll be fine financially, you'll figure it all out. Don't stress too much after all you you're not going into labor.


Indeed. It's doable and will be figured out. Just a big shift.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Also, enjoy 18 years of reduced taxes .. and thank God/whatever it's a boy. You cannot even begin to comprehend how much make-up, hair products, curlers, hair dryers, etc. will cost the father of a teenage girl.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughters busted/lost up 4 phones in 5 years and my son has managed to wreck his his GameBoy by dropping it in the toilet... TWICE!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
My daughters busted/lost up 4 phones in 5 years and my son has managed to wreck his his GameBoy by dropping it in the toilet... TWICE!


Are Nintendo products less durable these days or something? I haven't treated my 3ds too roughly, but man, when I was a kid I ran my GBA through the washer and it, the game, and the save on the game all came out intact.

Toilet should be nothing!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
My daughters busted/lost up 4 phones in 5 years and my son has managed to wreck his his GameBoy by dropping it in the toilet... TWICE!


Are Nintendo products less durable these days or something? I haven't treated my 3ds too roughly, but man, when I was a kid I ran my GBA through the washer and it, the game, and the save on the game all came out intact.

Toilet should be nothing!

I wish they would have worked. One wouldn't start even after several months/attempts the other the top screen was blank and never recovered. There are other "factors" or variables when it comes to toilets I guess...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats and good luck to all!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
My terror is palpable.

Seriously though, my wife's due mid-January. Everything is looking good thus far. We're working on names and such, as well as what we're gonna do about finances and work.

Which is the source of about 90% of my stress currently, but so it goes!


The first few week are a cluster fuck of OMG-WTF do I do now, it'll pass. Good luck getting a good nights sleep. I remember waking up in the recovery room and my daughter staring at me... GULP.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
My terror is palpable.

Seriously though, my wife's due mid-January. Everything is looking good thus far. We're working on names and such, as well as what we're gonna do about finances and work.

Which is the source of about 90% of my stress currently, but so it goes!


congrat, do you know who the father is yet ?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
congrat, do you know who the father is yet ?


Diabolik beat you to it, sadly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.