Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what to do with them during setup? getting ready to try our 1st game in the next day or so, and i'm sorting through all the cards/boards to lay things out, separate the decks, etc...but:

- where, during setup, do the weapons/armor cards go?
- same for the special cards?
- are they all "hero specific" (by the hero icon on them) and should i separate weapon/arm and/or special cards into piles by hero?
- do these cards just sit off to the side (next to the proper hero board) when game starts? do we purchase them, and then add them to our deck? or activate as a "one time use"?

and why wouldn't there be an "aid" in the rules/box that would list each/every hero by name, show his/her icon, and then list all "hero specific" cards that need to attached to that hero? seems to me like that would sure have helped!

AND...

- any reason not to mix a specific heroes weapon/arm cards with their special cards, and store them that way? (it seems like heroes have cards assigned, by icon, just to them)
- although...there are heroes that do not have any special cards? am i missing something (like cards)(smile), or is that just the way it is?

thanks...

(edit) ok, found some of the info...the weapons/armor/special cards were listed in the summary books (by hero), so those i have separated...(a 1/2 page hero/icon/list sure would be sweet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Reubens
United Kingdom
Harrow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Weapons and armor go straight into play, on whatever sides their player choose (revealed simultaneously).

Special cards should be placed out of play, within reach of their player.

Yes, they're all hero specific. I keep a hero's weapon and armor with their special cards.

The special cards are all brought into play by their hero's abilities (so Militia Recruits, for example, are brought into play by Thedric Egan's New Recruits ability).

My copy has a Hero Summary Book which lists each hero by name, shows their icon, their stats and abilities, and then lists all "hero specific" cards.

Some heroes (the Enchantress and the Death Knight) have no special cards. A couple of others don't have armor cards. Just the way it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtis...thanks! found some of that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
@John: The Summary Book is the best place to find all the information regarding the weapon/armor/special cards for each hero. Hero-specific cards are marked with the same hero symbol that you will find at the top-middle of the hero boards.

When the game is set up, armor and weapon cards start in play. One of the setup steps before the game starts is for each player to choose which sides of the weapon/armor cards they want to start the game with.

Special cards are kept off the side until they are needed.

@Curtis: Thanks for helping out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.