cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Corrosive Webbing
Healing: You may KO this Wound. If you do, gain another Wound.

sounds like a waste of time? am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You get rid of the Corrosive Webbing, but get a different wound. This makes this wound a bit hard to really heal, since it's just getting replaced with another one. This could end up being another grievous wound, or it could end up being a regular one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK .. now I feel dumb. Good point. Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wound you receive in its place could wind up allowing you to pass it to the player to your left...

It just allows you to potentially get a "better" wound card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
jnowak415 wrote:
The wound you receive in its place could wind up allowing you to pass it to the player to your left...

It just allows you to potentially get a "better" wound card

There are also cards that can negate the gaining of wounds. I think the uncommon captain america from the base set does this, although I could be mixing him up with someone else. So you essentially would get rid of the first wound and negate gaining the new wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
All sorts of cards negate gaining wounds. Captain America base, Luke Cage, Soulsword Colossus, regular Colossus, probably more I can't think of. In any case, they will replace the act of gaining a wound, but you'd still get to KO the webbing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
And if you hold on to it long enough/get it late enough, the Wound stack might already be empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to get rid of it is to turn it into something else first. I like it. Kind of a two-stage wound. Neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Useful for a character that uses wounds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
negatrev wrote:

Not so much. To my knowledge, all characters that use wounds do it by KO'ing them. You only get the extra wound when you KO Corrosive Webbing by its own effect. If you KO it any other way, it's just gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Organous wrote:
negatrev wrote:

Not so much. To my knowledge, all characters that use wounds do it by KO'ing them. You only get the extra wound when you KO Corrosive Webbing by its own effect. If you KO it any other way, it's just gone.

Oh, so it's not an effect that goes off any time you KO it then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
negatrev wrote:
Organous wrote:
negatrev wrote:

Oh, so it's not an effect that goes off any time you KO it then?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All true, but the KO of Corrosive Webbing still happened regardless of whether you gain another wound so a Wound-KOing hero would still get their power activated that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.