Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spatial conduit network how does it work?.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Is it my action?..do i place a cc in the system i move to?..having never played the sushi people but going to soon i wondered how this tech works?..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
Spatial Conduit Network wrote:
Once per turn when moving, you may move ships from one system you control to any other system you control as if they were adjacent. Your ships using this movement must end their movement in a system you control.

1. The Jol Nar may only use this once per turn. This probably means once per game round since TI3 is not consistent in its wording.

2. The Jol Nar player is able to move from one system they control into or through another system they control as if they were adjacent. So if the Jol Nar controlled their home system and Mecatol Rex, they could treat them as adjacent.

3. The movement must end in a system the Jol Nar controls. The Jol Nar, thus cannot attack someone using this technology. Furthermore, the Jol Nar must control the systems from which and to which the ships move. Thus, the Jol Nar must have non-fighters ships in the system along with controlling all the planets.

4. "When moving" could mean any of the following:
a. Tactical action: activate a system you control, move ships there from anywhere on the board so long as they are also in a system you control.
b. Transfer action: same as above except you activate two systems instead of one and you move ships between the two systems.
c. Warfare II secondary: reinforce your positions when your opponents activate Warfare II. You may move up to 2 non-fighter ships into an adjacent system you control. This is a perfect fit for Spatial Conduit Network.
d. Withdrawals and Retreats: You can withdrawal or retreat into an adjacent system. Since any system you control is adjacent, you can withdrawal there.

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks a bunch...rereading the strategy guide and he doesnt seem so impressed by it..i could see a possible use for it if your carriers can move 2 pick up some fighter/gfs and then blink to MR for exp...dont think d works since you need to move from a system you control and if there are other ships in there you dont control the system...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.