Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

My boyfriend Cory kickstarted this game and has been loving it, but we've been somewhat frustrated with the insert provided with the game as it doesn't really seem to aid in storing or setting up the game. We recently got into making foamcore inserts for games and decided to try making one for Saloon Tycoon to help make setting up and putting away the game go a bit faster. We made a removable tray for the gold and supply cubes, while there are sections for the claims and tycoon cards, with the citizens and outlaws sitting on top of them. Then there are slots for all the different building tiles. The player boards, score track, and rulebook sit on top.

Overall we're really happy with how it turned out! Just wanted to share so that others might be inspired. There probably are some better arrangements and systems than what we have, and I'd love to see what others are doing for this game. I know similar threads have helped me in the past for making custom inserts for some of my other games.

Thanks for taking a look, and hope you're all having fun playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great ! I sure wouldnt mind having one of those thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work. Those look great. Does the sub-section with gold nuggets and supply cubes come out from the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
Nice work. Those look great. Does the sub-section with gold nuggets and supply cubes come out from the box?

Yep, that was the removable tray I was talking about in the original post. You can lift that up and out to dump the nuggets and cubes out so you can more easily count out the cubes at game start and hand out the gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranior wrote:
Yep, that was the removable tray I was talking about in the original post.

Haha, yup you mention that right in your post. My bad. I started reading your post but was so impressed by the photos that I immediately clicked on them and forgot to finish reading the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
Ranior wrote:
Yep, that was the removable tray I was talking about in the original post.

Haha, yup you mention that right in your post. My bad. I started reading your post but was so impressed by the photos that I immediately clicked on them and forgot to finish reading the post.

Haha no worries. As this is one of my first times doing this I will remember in the future to just take a picture with the tray removed. That way it will be much clearer anyhow and show it off better. Picture worth a thousand words and all that.

Thanks for the kind comments and thumbs ups. One of Cory's highlights of gencon was visiting the guys at the Van Ryder Games booth, I'm sure he'll be excited to hear that he got a thumbs up from them for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Couch
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
WOW! That's so cool!! Great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the dimensions of the compartment that holds the cards? I made a reference card for all the Character cards & room tiles and was wondering if the reference card also fits in that compartment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just measured it as roughly 5 and 5/8 of an inch by 3 and 1/2 inches. Hope that works well for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards I designed are 3.5" x 5.5", so it sounds like it would be a tight fit, however, trimming a little bit around the edges would make for a nice fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
When I opened the box I thought the same thing, the insert is pretty generic but thats okay because I am going to do the same thing you are and foamcore it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.