Subject: Hunt Event App? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone seen or started working on a Hunt Event App for android/ios?

I feel like it would be pretty easy to put one together in about a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then do it yourself and share, please XD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been asked by mr Poots to not share info about hunt event table, or any other specific knowledge involving the core manual
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LRA MOSBA
Mexico
flag msg tools
AP requested not to share game content(which Hunt Events would qualify).

A hunt event app without content would be a 100 dice roller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For me, an app goes against the feel of the game. I would steer away from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. I'll focus my spare creative energy elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valid question nonetheless! If you have not been following developments since KDM's initial release it is a pretty fair question if the community has started on working something like this. Indeed, Adam requested to not share any material from the manual and most - if not everyone - respect that.

One day I was considering typing out every event and print on a deck of 100 cards. (Obviously not for distribution but for my own survivor party of friends and family.)

Another week I typed out every hunt event and put it in an Excel-table for future personal use. I did this with the purpose to implement all those pretty promo characters into my campaign via the hunt events - one way or another. Even considering to adjust or fully replace certain hunt events or outcomes since we do not enjoy the severity of outcomes within a few events. (Yeah, I am aware that might be considered blasphemy, however if we or one of us dies, we prefer to have it take place by monsters or settlement events of more importance than some crack in the floor while being on a hunt.)

Anyway, weeks later we still stick with the hunt events in the manual. With much anticipation I look forward to what Adam has to offer us - the KDM diehards - in the near future on this matter. Ofcourse many of us are willing to dish out lots of cash for a hardcover 1000+ hunt event book! Especially if it will introduce some if not all promo characters in someway! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
brendover wrote:

If it's something you want there is no reason you can't make one for your own use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
brendover wrote:

If it's something you want there is no reason you can't make one for your own use.

I could write the app, remove all of the KDM specific text out of it, and put up the code for it, but that would only be useful to programmers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Implement a straightforward text upload for the data file, and people could provide their own content to put in the app. But, yeah, probably more effort than it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I agree. One of the drawers for me is dealing with all the paper and ignoring my phone for a few hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I would pay, Poots, for a hunt event app. You choice your master and level and it shows you the hunt track.

You then progress and it randomly generates the hunt events, show you it wit some kingdom death imagery. They guy form the kickstater reading the text. You don't see the event table, so you can't accidentally read ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.