GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,383 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Agamemnon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring a branching String rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
We had a situation arise last night I just wanted verification on. There was a Leadership String that was controlled by an A rank. However, this String branched out at one intersection controlled by an opposing player's C leader. Does the A control both branches of a String? I think the answer is yes, but it's not quite clear if Strings can branch off of an opposing player's control disk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kpishnery wrote:
We had a situation arise last night I just wanted verification on. There was a Leadership String that was controlled by an A rank. However, this String branched out at one intersection controlled by an opposing player's C leader. Does the A control both branches of a String? I think the answer is yes, but it's not quite clear if Strings can branch off of an opposing player's control disk.

I'm positive that all branches that are connected together are part of the same "area" and so, for leader scoring, the highest-ranked leader will win the entirety of the area, including any and all branches.

Edit: for clarity, I think the only tile that cuts a string is the weft (?) tile - I forget if it's warp or weft but the one that cuts strings is the only one that would make a branch be considered a separate area for scoring purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Only the lack of a tile or a weft tile will split strings, so all connected tiles are otherwise considered one area, even if they're more of a tangle than a single squiggly line!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Filip_FH wrote:
Only the lack of a tile or a weft tile will split strings, so all connected tiles are otherwise considered one area, even if they're more of a tangle than a single squiggly line!

So empty spaces split strings? I might've gotten that wrong in my inaugural play with my son last night. Hmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.