Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that there are two monster tokens for the goblins. But what are these tokens supposed to be used for? It looks like, based on their art, that they are for the ogre and troll, presumably to be used instead of the strength discs to show extra power. But the flame giant doesn't have the same type of token, and there are the red strength discs. So what are they for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Roy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
They are used in the variants without someone controlling the goblins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
It appears that there are two monster tokens for the goblins. But what are these tokens supposed to be used for?

They are used in the Knight solo variant when:
- the goblin difficulty is set on Monster; or
- the Knight draws a monster to try and complete the Fearless sidequest.
Even then, the tokens only come into play if the Ogre or Troll monster card is drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I saw them listed in the components for the goblins, but didn't use them after a game and wanted to ensure I hadn't missed something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Reis
United States
Doylestown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't they used when the knight gets ambushed? I'm not 100% clear on how to use the monster abilities listed after Ambush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voivoed wrote:
Aren't they used when the knight gets ambushed? I'm not 100% clear on how to use the monster abilities listed after Ambush.

The ambush text is only used in games without the goblins (played on "hard" difficulty). If the Knight does not defeat the monster, you follow the ambush text in addition to wounding the Knight. If the monster is defeated (the ambush fails), nothing happens and the text is ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Reis
United States
Doylestown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I wish this was written somewhere on the Goblin rules, or maybe I missed it? I played with the Goblins and it was very confusing, we weren't sure most of the time what to do since some abilities made sense that they could be used and some didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voivoed wrote:
Thanks! I wish this was written somewhere on the Goblin rules, or maybe I missed it?

It's written at the bottom of the monsters section.
Quote:
(The Ambush text at the bottom of each
Monster card is used only in games without
the Goblins. Read the Goblin Infestation
Variant card for details.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Reis
United States
Doylestown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally missed it. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.