Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see people have gotten replacement packs for the messed up pieces. I've held off on getting this expansion because of the production issues.

Is there a 2nd edition of this expansion out, or expected out soon, where the issues come corrected straight out of the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
All I know is that my store suddenly had restocks of Shades of Tezla, Krang, Lost Legion which to me heavily implies all were reprinted.

However I have not taken the risk to purchase and find out for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After hearing all the horror stories, I'd held off on purchasing this expansion as well. It looks as if Wizkids has many replacement sets though so I might just go ahead and pull the trigger sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sounds like we need a rich brave soul to buy this....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackhalo23 wrote:

For sure! Hopefully someone does and posts back here. As soon as I know that a new corrected edition goes out, this switches on my Wishlist from "Do not buy this" to "Must have".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackhalo23 wrote:
as soon as the localized German version is released, I'll buy it! I really, really, hope they'll have it at Essen's Spiel 2016 next month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if there actually is a 2nd edition. I purchased a copy (along with Krang and Lost Legion) via Cardhaus late last week, received today, and it still had the enemy token size issues (and bent/damaged rulebook). That said, I didn't find any issues with the rest of the components. Requested replacement right away and hope to receive soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oduh wrote:
Not sure if there actually is a 2nd edition. I purchased a copy (along with Krang and Lost Legion) via Cardhaus late last week, received today, and it still had the enemy token size issues (and bent/damaged rulebook). That said, I didn't find any issues with the rest of the components. Requested replacement right away and hope to receive soon.

Dang, so disappointed to hear this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
westwardhough wrote:
oduh wrote:

Dang, so disappointed to hear this.

Well it seems as though they are turning around replacements quickly so not really a big deal in my opinion. Will post back when I receive them to suggest an estimated turnaround time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameBliss just received a new batch in stock. I've ordered it and will report back with my findings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just remembered that there is a definitive way to find out if there is a new printing in the wild. WizKids puts the printing date right on the box. If you look at this image, you will see the date code (if I'm not mistaken) as the last 6 numbers in the very bottom right, 040915 (I believe they are American style MMDDYY).

That is how you can tell the various printings of the base game apart. Does anyone have a version with different dates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the date stamps from the three expansions:

Lost Legion - 050216
Krang - 050216
Shades of Tezla - 040915

My guess is that even if they did reprint with corrected components they probably have a stock of the initial printing to sell through. It's possible that with all the backlash they initially received they even held some first run stock back from distribution until they had replacement components available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hunt
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I ordered a copy after Gameslore.com got it back in stock, and it arrived today.

Not had a chance to play with it yet but the quality seems to be much improved over the first printing, from the horror stories i've heard. I didn't buy the first printing so can't directly compare but here's some observations and assurances:

- The date stamp is "050216".
- The rulebook is in good condition (no creases, tears)
- The card backs match those of my Mage Knight and Lost Legion cards
- The green tokens are indistinguishable from the other tokens
- The red tokens are practically indistinguishable (slightly more contrast on the icon but not particularly noticable without intense scrutiny, at least to my eye)
- The new brown tokens are notably a bit more saturated than my other brown tokens when compared side by side.
- All tokens match the original token sizes and thicknesses.

So if anybody is on the fence about getting the new printing, it should probably be fine if it's from the same print run as mine. There's some very slight colour differences but I can't imagine they'll impact the game too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Next time I'm at the store I'll check out the date stamp.

If it's a mid 2016 date I'll purchase and let people know the findings. I assume that it'll be very "obvious" if the sizes don't match?

I have never witnessed the discrepancies of the original printing of Shades of Tezla myself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackhalo23 wrote:
Next time I'm at the store I'll check out the date stamp.

If it's a mid 2016 date I'll purchase and let people know the findings. I assume that it'll be very "obvious" if the sizes don't match?

I have never witnessed the discrepancies of the original printing of Shades of Tezla myself...

I don't think WK does periodic ordering for reprints. The reprints should all have '050216'. So you can just look at the last 2 digits. If it was printed in 15, then it is the original print run. If it was printed in 16 then it is the new print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
As promised:

I purchased Shades of Tezla, date on the bar code was 050216.

Compared the items which I am aware of that could be defective:

1) Circular tokens are all the same size as original + other expansion tokens.

2) Cards are same size and colour and texture as original + other expansions (doesn't really matter anyways since I sleeve)

3) Instruction book was not mangled

4) Also comes with a Krang character card as apparently the back (side without the picture) had an incorrect player card backing (the orange backing you find on regular cards like wound cards).

In conclusion: Everything is good and it appears no repair pack is necessary =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackhalo23 wrote:
4) Also comes with a Krang character card as apparently the back (side without the picture) had an incorrect player card backing

That's a really cool little extra thing they did. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
blackhalo23 wrote:
4) Also comes with a Krang character card as apparently the back (side without the picture) had an incorrect player card backing

That's a really cool little extra thing they did. thumbsup

I find it strange that they would still include the replacement card. I assume that the reprinted Krang expansions would have fixed this error. I suppose it is still very possible that one of us had picked up a Krang Expansion that had the error and is now picking up the reprint of SoT so the corrected card would still be a nice thing to have. And I guess adding 1 more card into the box doesn't jack up the cost of the product in any way, so why not, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
I suppose it is still very possible that one of us had picked up a Krang Expansion that had the error and is now picking up the reprint of SoT so the corrected card would still be a nice thing to have.

Well, I bought my copy of Krang less than a year ago, and it had the misprinted card.
AFAIK, no prints of that expansion (until now?) had a corrected card.

I held off buying SoT because of all the complaints, until now that there is a corrected version. So yeah, I for one am happy with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original (misprinted) SoT also had the replacement Krang card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph L
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Vampiric dragon token have the correct symbols on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I can check for you, but I have a few questions:

1) Which stack in the "vampire dragon" in?

2) What are the expected correct symbols?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackhalo23 wrote:
I can check for you, but I have a few questions:

1) Which stack in the "vampire dragon" in?

2) What are the expected correct symbols?

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2823204/mage-knight-board-ga...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. J.
Poland
flag msg tools
It's all there, finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hi all.

Yes it appears the Vampiric Dragon is correct and includes the "vampiric" symbol on the right hand side.

I have also included another token so that everyone can see the size is consistent as discussed.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.