$20.00
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The P5 private allows the owning company to place an exchange token on the map in the English Channel, and the power can be activated at any time from Phase 3 on. The description also allows the owning company to place a track upgrade on the English Channel space if no open space exists to place a token (paying the $100 upgrade cost although the token lay itself is free).

My question is, does the applicable type tile (i.e. brown or gray) have to be available, as per the normal rules? For example, suppose it is Phase 4, and the green upgrade title for the EC has been placed by the SECR. Another company owning P5 wants to place there and upgrade the tile to brown. Can this be done or does the player have to wait until Phase 5 (when brown tiles become available) to exercise this power?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:

The P5 private allows the owning company to place an exchange token on the map in the English Channel, and the power can be activated at any time from Phase 3 on. The description also allows the owning company to place a track upgrade on the English Channel space if no open space exists to place a token (paying the $100 upgrade cost although the token lay itself is free).

My question is, does the applicable type tile (i.e. brown or gray) have to be available, as per the normal rules? For example, suppose it is Phase 4, and the green upgrade title for the EC has been placed by the SECR. Another company owning P5 wants to place there and upgrade the tile to brown. Can this be done or does the player have to wait until Phase 5 (when brown tiles become available) to exercise this power?

I think you could only do this by also using the power of the advanced track laying private.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Cutforth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
gameon39481 wrote:
Eric Brosius wrote:
John Weber wrote:

I think you could only do this by also using the power of the advanced track laying private.

I'm kind of doubtful even that applies, since that private is limited to plain track and dits.

My understanding is you can only upgrade if you are in an appropriate phase such that the upgrade is legal.

This is correct, advanced track lay private does not work on large cities. The EC tile needs to available in accordance with the standard rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must you be able to lay track normally (be connected to lay it) to exercise the P5 ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.