$30.00
Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Revised Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I missed this previously, but I've just learned due to a comment in another thread, that FFG updated the online copies of the Rules reference and Learn to Play on 4 April

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/59/64...

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/b2/f6...

At least one contradiction between the documents has been resolved.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael edwards
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Do you know if a printed copy version is available for purchase?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bouvond wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Do you know if a printed copy version is available for purchase?


No idea, I'd guess they'd be included in reprinted copies of the game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game at GenCon August 4th, the rules are included, obviously. Not sure if they sell them. Wouldn't hurt to contact FFG about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins--Dark Shadows 1967-1971--ABC Daytime Television
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all changes limited to the two rule books? Were any changes made to cards/components?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sponaugle
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if they just published errata so that we could just make the changes in the rulebook. The game already suffers from so much text.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paulspo wrote:
It would be nice if they just published errata so that we could just make the changes in the rulebook. The game already suffers from so much text.

They do publish errata - it's at the start of the FAQ document at their website: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/47/b7...

I don't know if the changes discussed in this thread are there, as I'm not quite clear on what has been changed. Perhaps they view it just as clarification, not errata.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
unic wrote:
paulspo wrote:
It would be nice if they just published errata so that we could just make the changes in the rulebook. The game already suffers from so much text.

They do publish errata - it's at the start of the FAQ document at their website: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/47/b7...

I don't know if the changes discussed in this thread are there, as I'm not quite clear on what has been changed. Perhaps they view it just as clarification, not errata.


All the errata listed in the FAQ have been corrected in the revised documents along with at least 1 other correction (regarding when Dracula can play an escape card in a vampire encounter). There may well be others.

I don't know about any changes on the cards, although there are no errata for them listed in the FAQ.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
at least 1 other correction (regarding when Dracula can play an escape card in a vampire encounter).

Here is the specific correction to the Vampire Encounters listing in the Rules Reference:

ORIGINAL:
If Dracula plays “Escape as Mist” or “Escape as Bat” before he has played a number of combat cards greater than the number of despair tokens on the time track, the card is canceled.

REVISED:
If Dracula plays “Escape as Mist” or “Escape as Bat” before he has played three combat cards, the card is canceled.

As Dave pointed out, the revised text aligns the Reference with the way it was described in LTP all along.

I haven't noticed any other changes yet. I did a quick scan side by side of the two References, and there are no new sections, and all the entries are in the same place as before, so no noticeable additions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.