Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Every GW games forum is getting one of these posts at the moment, so why should Assassinorum be left out? The new issue of White Dwarf has rules and new achievements for using daemons in your games. That should add some nice variety to missions.

Picture courtesy of Beardy Hammer:

http://www.ozdestro.com/uploads/1/3/0/1/13014732/img-6141_or...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this issue, Im glad they are putting at least a little effort into the box games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aquilaprime wrote:
Looking forward to this issue, Im glad they are putting at least a little effort into the box games.

Too right. They have even included new Rules for Lost Patrol, which has given me a push to pick up that game too (the only proper board game they have released recently that I passed on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Nice... Time to dust off some daemon miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy just arrived in the post. Of all the new rules and stuff for their boxed games, I'd say the Assassins stuff is actually the most exciting (followed by the new Space Hulk Scenario).
Apart from the above 2 pages, there is another 2 es of rules for how and when to include the various demons (basically a dice roll when instructed to spawn a cultist with Autogun).
What's nice is that when you spawn one on the final confrontation board, you have a chance to spawn a command model instead (a musician, icon bearer or champion) each with their own rules upgrades from a "normal" demon....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Execution Force is needed to be taken out from the closet and played again. After Warhammer Quest mission is played through, that is.
Got to see if some of those Achievements can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many daemon models would you need to play using this WD's rules? I'm still waiting on my issue to arrive.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
privateer4hire wrote:
How many daemon models would you need to play using this WD's rules? I'm still waiting on my issue to arrive.

Thanks in advance!

Every time you would spawn a normal cultist you roll 2d6 and you spawn one of the four different daemon types on a 6, 7, 8, and 9 so the total amount varies. On the final board there is a chance of spawning champions or special daemons with banners and musical instruments.

I think the rules just assume you have one box of each. However, it is easy enough to play with whatever you have by ignoring certain dice rolls, and placing regular cultists if you run out of a specific daemon type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Eater
msg tools
Which issue is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooden Meeple Eater wrote:
Which issue is that?

This is September 2016. It's quite a hard issue to find now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.