Codex: Card-Time Strategy – Deluxe Set» Forums » General

Subject: Essen availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
Hey guys,
title pretty much says it all. Are the germans going to get their treat at Essen this year?
Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Sorry; we will not have a booth at Essen this year! The game will be available to everyone in a few weeks, though!

Until then, you can pre-order the game now at Sirlingames.com!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
I wanna pre-order so badly, but shipping is killing me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schmuelle wrote:

International shipping is a pain.

If you're up for it--it's not quite the same, but there's print-and-play options available for the game as well. I'm wondering if folks could help contribute their experiences with print-and-play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this game come t europe in the near future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
mjje wrote:
Will this game come to europe in the near future?

And if not, is there a deadline to order the deluxe edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Codex ships from www.sirlingames.com to anywhere in the world. If you mean will any of your local stores carry it, they certainly can. They just have to place an order through the standard supply chain. You can also tell any game stores you like (or distributors, even) that they can get Codex or any of my games through this contact form: http://www.hitpointsales.com/buy-contact/ or by contacting James (at) hitpointsales.com

The Deluxe set is only available directly from us though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
schmuelle wrote:

International shipping is a pain.

If you're up for it--it's not quite the same, but there's print-and-play options available for the game as well. I'm wondering if folks could help contribute their experiences with print-and-play.
Not sure quite what you mean by experiences, but I can have a try:

The game is awesome. The print-and-play experience works just fine. I've played over 50 games with it.

But included in my PnP set are:

* Over 70 sheets of cardboard, laser printed 9 cards a sheet and guillotined up (11 per colour for 6 colours, plus neutral, plus spec cards and add-ons)
* About 8 sheets of paper laser printed for bases, patrol zones, and hand/deck/discard zones
* Two card binders which I had sitting around the house
* 20 9-card pockets which I also had sitting around for MtG purposes, one per spec
* Card sleeves in 7 colours for the heroes and worker cards
* A big bag of counters in at least 3 colours (blue for building under construction, red for building destroyed, green for +1/+1 rune, red for -1/-1 rune, purple for sword rune/disabled marker)
* A big bag of dice in at least 3 colours (blue for gold and hero levels, red for damage, white for time counters, cyan for temporary +2/+2 buffs from Vandy Anadrose or Two-Step)
* Lots of hand-scribbled tokens (4x 1/1 black Skeleton, 3x 1/1 blue Soldier with Sparkshot, 2x 3/1 blue Shark, 5x 1/1 Stinger with flying, 2x 0/1 green Wisp, 4x 0/1 black Cleric, 2x 1/1 white Bird with flying, and oneoffs of: 6/7 purple Mech with untargetable, 3/3 blue Elemental with anti-air, 2/2 black Zombie, 3/3 black Horror with deathtouch) - all of these I just drew something fun on a bit of paper in felt pen and cut or tore it down to card-ish size
* About 20 elastic bands holding the heroes with their starter decks, and binding up the spec cards and add-on cards
* One big folder to hold everything except the two binders.

So you are looking at a fair amount of printing and gathering stuff, especially if you don't already have lots of dice in different colours sitting around.

For my first neutral+red+green printing I printed onto paper and stuck the paper cards into sleeved MtG cards, but those don't sit in normal binders so well (I don't have the funky special extra-big binders that the Deluxe set ships with). I found it worked quite a lot better just printing straight onto cardboard, so I did that with the later expansions, then went back and reprinted red+green+neutral straight onto card as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a possibility another company might sell this awesome-soundig game on your behalf in Essen or a german publisher that makes a german version in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
I got to tell you that I was quite sad today, as I saw copies of both the core and deluxe set at Essen. Good for all people who did not order via sirlin games. Quite bad for me since I threw 50 bugs of shipping down the drain.
Thats why I asked the question in the first place, but I guess thats just life

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did people get this game in Essen? I did not see it anywhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
its available at 3-n105 at the ship naked booth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.