Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Mason
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just listened to the Sun god video and Sandy says that you can't use the Great Decrees on turn 1. That's not on the PnP faction sheet so I'm just checking which is true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it because you can't issue them when the Sun god is in Hell? (Just guessing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is great game changer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
The PnP rules are not the final version. I think several rules revisions have happened since then.

Sky
-Great decrees now only cost 1 power, but can't be used on the first turn.
-You get 2 runes when the Sun God exit Hell. Whoever gave permission still get 1 rune.
-Solar Energy give 3 power and no runes.
-Noblesse Oblige only give 1 rune in addition to 1 VP.

Storm
-Inferority Complex let you trade 2 VP for 4 Power in the power phase.
-Whirlwind add a single battle dice whenever you use it.
-Weather control now count itself as part of the power gained.

Thoses are the only rules change I'm aware of but there will probably be others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Decarcassor wrote:
The PnP rules are not the final version. I think several rules revisions have happened since then.

Sky
-Great decrees now only cost 1 power, but can't be used on the first turn.
-You get 2 runes when the Sun God exit Hell. Whoever gave permission still get 1 rune.
-Solar Energy give 3 power and no runes.
-Noblesse Oblige only give 1 rune in addition to 1 VP.

Storm
-Inferority Complex let you trade 2 VP for 4 Power in the power phase.
-Whirlwind add a single battle dice whenever you use it.

Thoses are the only rules change I'm aware of but there will probably be others.

Is there a reference to these rules changes?

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
They are moslty gathered from the factions videos. Maybe someone at PG will be able to confirm them and maybe add a few we may have missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully we can get a confirmation, given that Sandy was largely speaking off the cuff, and may have made a mistake or two.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are all correct. You missed a rule though. If your name is Arthur you instantly lose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Mason
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that. I had been planning a Kyger Litor gets Yelm out of Hell on turn 1 idea. Probably a good thing it's nixxed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pnp is now (slightly) obsolete. The newest version of the Sun God does not let him use the Great Decrees in the first action phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Semmen
msg tools
Sandy Petersen wrote:
The Pnp is now (slightly) obsolete. The newest version of the Sun God does not let him use the Great Decrees in the first action phase.

Was there something in specific that led to the recent changes? Especially the major change to Inferiority Complex? I was a little surprised, after reading about how much playtesting has been done and how close VP tend to be at game end, that the core factions still needed tweaking.

Also, are there any plans to revise the PnP to reflect these changes?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They say art is never finished, merely abandoned. I think the same applies to Sandy's games, considering Black Goat was tweaked only a few months ago, more than a year after Cthulhu Wars' core box was released

Gods War has had more playtesting at this point than Cthulhu Wars had during its campaign, but I still expect various tweaks like this to continue up to the point when the empire sheets are being physically manufactured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Semmen
msg tools
AdamStarks wrote:
... I still expect various tweaks like this to continue up to the point when the empire sheets are being physically manufactured.

I hope not. While I'm glad they want to perfect the game (which is, after all, the most important thing), I'd want the rules to be thoroughly tested before manufacture. If changes needed to be made after manufacture we'd be stuck with erroneous faction sheets, gifts, runes, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, that's what I was trying to imply, that the changes will likely stop once those components hit manufacturing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.