Carson City: Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: Why no BGG ranking? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Is there any reasons why the big box doesn't have a ranking yet? It seems to have enough votes and it's not an expansion. I'm not 100% familiar with how rankings work so is there something I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When something is a compilation (contains other things) it doesn't get ranked.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/177352/carson-city-big-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should Viticulture Essential Edition be considered a compilation then and be removed from the rankings? It is Viticulture with parts of the Tuscany expansion added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a weird combination with some rule tweaks, more a revised edition, it's not just the base game plus expansion like Puerto Rico Anniversary Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So because it contains less than the individual components, it gets to be included in the rankings, but Carson City Big Box which (I think) contains more than the individual components, it gets excluded? That seems a little backwards. Personally, I think they both should be included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can submit a correction explaining your reasoning and it will be reviewed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the explanation. It was seeing the Viticulture essential edition that made me wonder.

It does contain the teacher and town hall cards which were not previously available. However you can buy them now seperately.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/204252/carson-c...

If the big box was released before the teacher and town hall expansion, would that have been enough for it to get a rating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the river tiles also unavailable outside of the big box? It's hard to tell what parts of the Big Box are in the other expansions and what are not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.