Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in on the $100 Token Alien level + $45 for the Compendium. With shipping to Australia included, this ends up being $35 cheaper than the $150 pack and all it misses out on is the playmat, which I don't need another of, as I already have the ONUV one.

For reference, here's a list of the options. Shipping costs are shown for US, Canada and the the rest of the world in that order.

Pledges

Alien - $25 + ($7/$16/$23)
• ONUA (the game)
• App controls
• Stretch goals

Alien Deluxe - $100 + ($15/$25/$35)
• Alien level contents
• Sleeves
• Playmat
• Compendium

The Token Alien - $100 + ($15/$25/$35)
• Alien level contents
• Sleeves
• Role tokens
• Other tokens

Ultimate Alien - $150 + ($20/$45/$65)
• Alien level contents
• Sleeves
• Playmat
• Compendium
• Role tokens
• Other tokens

One Night Collector - $250 + ($25/$50/$70)
• Ultimate Alien level contents
• ONUW + DB + ONUV + Bonus packs (all other games)
• Wooden box
• Extra Sleeves

Ultimate Collector - $350 + ($35/$55/$75)
• One Night Collector contents
• Ultimate Werewolf + all expansions and Kickstarter extras

Add Ons
(Shipping Included)

• ONUA game - $30
• Playmat - $30
• Sleeves - $25
• Compendium - $45
• Role tokens - $45
• Other tokens - $45
• Wooden box - $45
• ONUW / DB / ONUV - $30 each
• Bonus Packs (2) - $15 each
• Ultimate Werewolf - $30
• UW role expansions and Kickstarter extras - $60
• UW Artifacts expansion - $20
• UW Artpacks - $75

Incidentally, I've also created a spreadsheet to help me calculate costs of bundles you might be interested in. For example, the cheapest way to get:
One Night Ultimate Alien, 1 Sleeves Pack, the Compendium and both Token packs is to get The Token Alien level with the Compendium as an add-on, costing $160/$170/$180 when shipping to the US/Canada/Rest of the world. This is compared to $170/$195/$215 for the Ultimate Alien level (which does get you an extra playmat).

If you want to know the cheapest way to get a certain set of things, or you want to compare pricing, post, and I'll try to let you know the best method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I backed the $150 level. I'm from the US so I can get the rest of the ONU sets cheaper. I'm thinking of adding the box as my add-ons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fought for them to create the Token Alien level because it seemed to be glaringly missing as a choice at launch. Thankfully they added it. Bezier has always proven to be a good company to work with now and in the past.

Only disappointed that the release isn't until next June. Past One Night games were turned around in just a couple months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Wallis
msg tools
mbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
I fought for them to create the Token Alien level because it seemed to be glaringly missing as a choice at launch.

Thanks for that.
Hockey Mask wrote:
Only disappointed that the release isn't until next June. Past One Night games were turned around in just a couple months.

They said they hope to deliver sooner.. so maybe it will be the case..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went with the Ultimate Alien tier ($150). I'm super excited about everything included in it (except the playmat, which I don't really need but I will get the alien version which I think will look sharp). The compendium and plastic tokens look really cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychotron7x2 wrote:
I went with the Ultimate Alien tier ($150). I'm super excited about everything included in it (except the playmat, which I don't really need but I will get the alien version which I think will look sharp). The compendium and plastic tokens look really cool!

What's the Canadian shipping price? If you don't have a playmat, I would recommend one, but if you already have one, then The Token Alien level + Add-On Compendium is probably going to be a lot cheaper for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
I fought for them to create the Token Alien level because it seemed to be glaringly missing as a choice at launch. Thankfully they added it. Bezier has always proven to be a good company to work with now and in the past.

Wow, you created the exact tier I was looking for. I honestly can't thank you enough. I was torn looking at the initial launch because I wanted the tokens but didn't want to have to spend $150 to get them in a package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
I'm getting Ultimate Alien ($150). I backed the Vampire KS so I already have a wooden box and all the Collector's Editions. So for this game, I want all the new stuff, ESPECIALLY those new plastic tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated the OP with shipping costs. I'm thinking of creating a table showing various cheapest ways to buy certain combinations. For example, if you want everything in the Ultimate Alien pack except the playmat, you save the following by purchasing the Token Alien pack and getting the Compendium as an add-on:

US: Save $10
Canada: Save $25
Rest of the world: Save $35

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've created a spreadsheet to calculate which level you should buy at for various things, but I can't figure out which are worth listing. Thus, I leave it to all of you. If you have a certain combination of things you want, post it, and I'll let you know the best option you've got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None. Way too expensive for what you get. I'll get it online eventually for much cheaper. I also think the add ons are outrageously expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winters
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is my first ON kickstarter, I am backing at the $25 level with addons for the two bonus packs. If the bonus packs show up on ebay for a good price before the campaigns end, then I will probably pull out of the campaign.

Everything is very expensive, 30-50% more than amazon for similiar items. I am a big fan of nice components, but $90 for tokens is more than I am willing to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
First,let me clarify something here. The ONU series will be cheaper in the US if you get it from the US. The creator put all item a bit more expensive because of the shipping fee for each item(it's cheaper and more convenience for international backers). All the reward level is cheaper if you consider the total amount by adding add-ons. If I'm not wrong, you save more, if you pledge more.

Bottomline: if you are from US, get other ONU from other online sources. The creator did mention that tokens may/may not be available after the campaign (just like the Vampire series, it depends on how many extras do they have)

I expect the tokens will be more expensive if its available later. Maybe around $20 for one game. Just like the bonus packs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None for me either. I would be interested in the Token Alien level but not at those prices.

Plus, I never got to play Vampire as by the time my Werewolf Collector package arrived (close to xmas) my group had already played Vampire and not liked it. I'm reluctant to spend that much money on something that might go the same way. Shame, as I'd really like the plastic tokens for ONUW as that still gets played a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
All the prices I listed is based on the boardgameprices.com + addons(non-available item in the market)It's the cheapest price I can get for all items

Alien - $25

Alien Deluxe - $100
Original price: $105 (save $5)

The Token Alien - $100
Original price: $135 (save $35)

Ultimate Alien - $150
Original price: $205 (save $55)

One Night Collector - $250
Original price: $344 (save $94)
*Lowest price for ONU deck is $16

Ultimate Collector - $350
Original price: $503 (save $158)
*16 art packs,4 Expansions and KS exclusive cards for Ultimate Warewolf are hard to find online.So I used the cost listed add-ons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shak S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
None here too (although I may pledge a dollar to get the KS only stuff in the app).

I'm a little disappointed to be honest: as the owner of just ONUW I was geared up to spend a relative over the odds amount for a decent collection of four games - but at $250 plus shipping that plan became unfeasible. Everyone (including Bezier I feel) would be better off if I bought the games off the shelf and just pledged $20 in support. Which of course sounds nuts now that I've written it down, but it really does seem the tiers have been priced with energetic and excited buyers in mind rather than for fans seeking value.

Instead I've spent the day thinking of more creative solutions to storage and protection, including aluminium flight cases and plastic coin holders ($5 for 100) for the tokens. But I won't buy anything till the release of Alien since I suspect not only will plastic token versions be made available for all four games, but that they will retail for a bit more of an accessible cost - perhaps in line with other games on the market. It's worth bearing in mind that despite the massive fun gained from an ONU game, the cardboard versions are priced slightly above par.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sshaikh wrote:
I suspect not only will plastic token versions be made available for all four games, but that they will retail for a bit more of an accessible cost - perhaps in line with other games on the market. It's worth bearing in mind that despite the massive fun gained from an ONU game, the cardboard versions are priced slightly above par.

I wouldn't bank on the tokens being readily available. If they're like some of the other things from the previous Kickstarters, they will only be available from Bezier's website which means the shipping will be equally eye-watering.

If I were you, I would get hold of a copy of Daybreak and possibly see if you can find the Bonus Packs over here then, as you say, find a cool storage/sleeve option. If your group is like mine, that will be the best value and see a lot of play. I can't get Vampire to the table now and I feel Alien may have the same issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just realised I had make a mistake in my shipping prices and fixing it has highlighted a biggish issue...

Outside the US and Canada, the Ultimate Alien level is $215. The Token Alien level with additional playmat and Compendium is $210.

Both kits have the same contents, yet it's cheaper to buy the Add-Ons separately than to bundle!

This is the only level at which this happens, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bonner
United Kingdom
Grantham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really interested in this, till I realised the shipping to the UK was about as much as the basic game.

Sorry, I'll buy it from my FLGS (or amazon, depending whether I get the time to drive 90 minutes to my not so local FLGS)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
Basic Alien level, if at all.

The plastic tokens are cool but not worth the price (to me) by a long shot. Especially because they merely replace the tokens we already have. They are nice but don't add anything new.

$20 (or $25) for a 50 pack of sleeves is insane. I'd just as soon sleeve whatever roles we use, for one game at a time. Clear sleeves are < $3/50, just use a paper cutter to make them the right length. I'm sure illustrated opaque sleeves are <$5/50 everywhere too.

I already have 2 play mats. I won't spend $45 for the book, it does not affect play at all.

ONUA plus BP3 (i.e., KS stretch goals) is close enough to what it will sell for that I won't feel completely ripped off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camilo North
msg tools
I'm probably going to basic Alien plus the solid plastic tokens, though the second is under some amount of duress. I definitely like the idea of being able to protect the tokens from wear, but I'm miffed that the price is so high, especially with the clear and solid ones being listed separately. I'd be lying if I said I thought the compendium, clear tokens, and even the box didn't tempt me at all, but the price point on getting those seems too high for my tastes. I have mats and sleeves that I'd much rather use than the ones provided here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see why they split the clear and solid tokens. It really doesn't matter if the clear ones get damaged, as they never represent hidden information. The solid ones mostly represent hidden information, hence small marks can give them away and so on.

Thus, someone who just wants to protect the tokens that need to be protected won't need the clear tokens, only the solid ones.

Edit: Oh, and if you do want both token sets, it's cheaper to get The Token Alien level than the basic level with add-on Tokens. The Sleeves actually save you money. It is cheaper to go with the Alien level for just one set of tokens, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
khian wrote:
First,let me clarify something here. The ONU series will be cheaper in the US if you get it from the US. The creator put all item a bit more expensive because of the shipping fee for each item(it's cheaper and more convenience for international backers).

Um, no.

ONU games have an RRP of £20/$26 over here. I can walk into a shop and buy them for that. My OLGS lists them at £16.50/$21.60 each, plus a couple of quid postage, so slightly cheaper than RRP.

The Kickstarter is asking £36.60/$48 for ONUA, and £23/$30 for each additional game. Buying all four at RRP would cost £80; buying all four from the Kickstarter would cost £105.50. And then because it's not EU-friendly, customs and taxes would take it to something like £130.

Whatever the reason for the high shipping, it is not to save international backers money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shak S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
AnimalMkIV wrote:
I wouldn't bank on the tokens being readily available. If they're like some of the other things from the previous Kickstarters, they will only be available from Bezier's website which means the shipping will be equally eye-watering.

If I were you, I would get hold of a copy of Daybreak and possibly see if you can find the Bonus Packs over here then, as you say, find a cool storage/sleeve option. If your group is like mine, that will be the best value and see a lot of play. I can't get Vampire to the table now and I feel Alien may have the same issues.

Perhaps not separately, no. But now that the series has established itself I can imagine new standalone editions that contain plastic instead of of cardboard tokens, and if so that's something that can be distributed. How much they would cost is anyone's guess, but at least they'll be priced to a more sensible market. Who knows? Maybe there'll be an off the shelf collection too.

Thanks for the Daybreak recommend. We have access to Vampire and although we play it, for me nothing beats Werewolf, and Daybreak appears to be a better compliment than Vampire. Do both bonus packs work? I thought the second came with vampire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we'll have to see what happens with the tokens.

If I remember rightly, bonus packs 1 & 2 cover Werewolf and Daybreak. They add a couple of extra roles which are kind of nice to have hut not essential. For me, Werewolf and Daybreak are the essential two which give rhe most playability with the least amount of faff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.