Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris DeHeer
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
Just playing this after a long hiatus, but noticed a mysterious line that seems to be missing from the most up to date version of the rules (downloaded aug 29 2016). That is to say, the new rules DO NOT have this line. Does that mean its been dropped or is this an oversight?

7.7 Advancing a Front (last sentence first paragraph)
"After the die roll remove all support markers whether the front advances or not."

Would seem to make a huge difference in winning the war.

Anyone know for sure? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjdeheer wrote:
Just playing this after a long hiatus, but noticed a mysterious line that seems to be missing from the most up to date version of the rules (downloaded aug 29 2016). That is to say, the new rules DO NOT have this line. Does that mean its been dropped or is this an oversight?

"After the die roll remove all support markers whether the front advances or not."

There is no way the support markers would remain after the fronts advance/don't advance. That would completely change the game. I am 100% sure that is an oversight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
cjdeheer wrote:

If you downloaded the rules from GMT, those aren't the most up-to-date. They actually never have been. Not sure why they haven't been replaced. The rulebook you find on BGG (here) is the right one. It's also, unless I've forgotten something, the rules in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris DeHeer
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks all, that was my inclination too, but hadn't played through without this rule so wasn't sure if it would end the war by '43 or just give a slight nudge (and thus encourage more sneakyness).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjdeheer wrote:

This is the rule in the published rulebook, is it unclear?

Steven is probably right you are looking at an older copy, not a more recent version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Crosby
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
Does the removal of all offensive support markers include the 2 OSM committed as part of 'initiating' the directed offensive (with 2 production markers?)
My reading was yes, but one could argue the initial 2 production input/2 OSM are one-off... and therefore do not require re-initiating every turn..

Any thoughts? I am a total newby, apologies if asked & answered elsewhere, I did look
TIA
Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.