Subject: Faction cards and player mat cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that if there's room on the card sheet, it would be great to have a card that identifies each faction and each player board.

Firstly it makes it easier to randomise setup (I doubt that it's just me who struggles to shuffle the big cardboard mats effectively). But it also opens up some potential variants - such as display 7 pairs of faction + mat when setting up, have players bid points (to be deducted from their score at the end) for their choice of pair. Or draft them round the table, with player mat choice going one way, faction choice the other. Or, well, you see where I'm going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
I was thinking that if there's room on the card sheet, it would be great to have a card that identifies each faction and each player board.

Firstly it makes it easier to randomise setup (I doubt that it's just me who struggles to shuffle the big cardboard mats effectively). But it also opens up some potential variants - such as display 7 pairs of faction + mat when setting up, have players bid points (to be deducted from their score at the end) for their choice of pair. Or draft them round the table, with player mat choice going one way, faction choice the other. Or, well, you see where I'm going.

Not a bad idea, but I am pretty sure the expansion is either at the printers or almost at the printers already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We originally had cards like that (dating back to the playtests we ran at Gen Con 2015), but we realized they were redundant (at least for randomization purposes), so we got rid of them. You have some neat ideas, though--I bet you could piece together a PnP version of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:

My group now drafts factions and player mats like you're suggesting. Super fun that way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sobral
Brazil
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:

I Just posted my version of this cards. Wait the admin... Or just go to the files in Scythe base game and download them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sobral
Brazil
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:

Here are my cards!

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/141883/cards-randomize-fa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.