8 Posts

Space Hulk (fourth edition)» Forums » News

Subject: New mission in new White Dwarf:) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin kaller
msg tools
Exclusive White Dwarf mission with "Ductways":

http://www.ozdestro.com/uploads/1/3/0/1/13014732/img-6138_or...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Excellent! Nice to see White Dwarf doing what it was known for: supplimenting the games.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really good because not only is it a new scenario, but it's a new rule with instructions for incorporating it into any of the existing scenarios.

And you don't even need to buy anything to use it (much of the new content encourages the purchase of some new miniatures somewhere along the line).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shon Holyfield
msg tools
Has anyone played this new white dwarf mission and won as the marines?

Our space hulk group has played this one 23 times and were able to get one tie by running an assault cannon to the CAT room using all command points.

We just played the game using the old rules for ducts (like the iOS version of space hulk). Marines almost tie. The game felt much closer and possible to win.

We have very experienced players that rarely make mistakes on either side.

I could see walking over a novice bug player.

I'd love to hear back on this thread. The rules appear to be out of balance in favor of bugs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolinski
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What issue number is this in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
lazzater wrote:
What issue number is this in?

It's September 2016. The first In the new big monthly format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
summer072077 wrote:
Has anyone played this new white dwarf mission and won as the marines?

Our space hulk group has played this one 23 times and were able to get one tie by running an assault cannon to the CAT room using all command points.

We just played the game using the old rules for ducts (like the iOS version of space hulk). Marines almost tie. The game felt much closer and possible to win.

We have very experienced players that rarely make mistakes on either side.

I could see walking over a novice bug player.

I'd love to hear back on this thread. The rules appear to be out of balance in favor of bugs.

As far as I know the new ductway rules are almost identical to the old air duct rules: the only differences I'm aware of are that in the old second edition rules you could flame (but not shoot) the first square (and only the first square) of a duct, and ducts were actual board tiles with squares - and so took as many AP to traverse as a normal corridor in that location would, instead of a flat 3 AP (plus an extra AP for entering the duct).

It should be really easy to houserule ductways so that they're considered to have as many spaces as would fit in the gap between the two access squares.

Was it the AP cost of crossing a duct that made the difference in your games, or are there other differences between the old and new rules?

[Edit: having said that, the air ducts in the map this mission is based were at most four squares long, so that's only a 1AP discount for a Genestealer crawling through those particular ducts...are there any more rules differences I might have missed?]

[More edits: turns out I suck at typing.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shon Holyfield
msg tools
We played with iOS rules last night. Could fire at square adjacent to hallway and could flame entire duct. Marines almost tied. With better command point draws it might work.

That aside has anyone actually played it?

Most recent issue of white dwarf - this month's issue.

Thanks for the responses. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.