Subject: Comparisions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike n Phyllis Snedeker
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is familiar with this project, I'd like to hear an opinion or two based on games I already own...

It sounds like Knizia's Hong Kong for four players with Stefan Dorra's Medina flavor.

As I own both of these AND Manhattan, are there enough differences to grab my wallet ? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike_N_Phyllis wrote:
If anyone is familiar with this project, I'd like to hear an opinion or two based on games I already own...

It sounds like Knizia's Hong Kong for four players with Stefan Dorra's Medina flavor.

As I own both of these AND Manhattan, are there enough differences to grab my wallet ? cool

I have played--and enjoyed--Medina and Manhattan, and just looked at Hong Kong on BGG. One main difference with all of these games, is that the tiles in Skyways each cover 2 squares (domino-like) with each square a different color--and these colors are NOT player colors. With all 3 of the other games mentioned, you have building in your color that you are trying to build. In Skyways, you can score buildings other players have built, and you are also trying to build your 4 building capitals (which are in your playing color) on buildings of increasing heights.

Similarities are that there is quite a bit of interaction in all of these games, and all of them are fairly abstracted thematically (no bidding for real estate, hiring contractors, time for construction, etc.)

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter campaign has begun again:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eaglegryphon/skyways-a-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.