Martin Costello
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
Freeze! Miami Vice!
badge
"That's T U B B S -Tough, Unique, Bad, Bold and Sassy."
mbmbmbmbmb
I had heard GW were reviewing the terms of their licence with FFG so I reckoned I better pick up the expansions. I just checked the FFG website but all of the POD items were listed as not available from the Webstore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Russell
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Wow, good thing I ordered the whole set a month ago. One of my all time favorite games, for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mb
My dealer can get them, but small ones are 10e and large ones are 17e. Too expensive for me, 17e for 30cards...crazy...

Now if only someone could get scans of cards, so we can make PnP. I would buy them happily, but not with these prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Still this pulsing night. A plague I call a heartbeat. Just be still with me. Ya wouldn't believe what I've been thru ...
mbmbmbmbmb
After owning the base game for years I stopped by FFG's site to pick up a couple of the expansions and was greeted with a "Not Available" message. I then hustled over here to find out why. Thanks for the info.

I did manage to pick up 3 of the 4 expansions for only $12 over MSRP ... and since that included shipping from two different vendors, I don't think I did too bad.

I wonder if FFG will retheme this with their new mini's game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mb
Well, they lost GW license, so they won't have 40k theme anymore. ALthough, I don't see them retheming it. It has been 5 years since last expansion, and they didn't threw out anything similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most similar recent game I think is Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game, which incidentally, is also a GW ip...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Willems
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any leads on where to get the Death Wing expansion?

Thanks,

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Still this pulsing night. A plague I call a heartbeat. Just be still with me. Ya wouldn't believe what I've been thru ...
mbmbmbmbmb
dwillems wrote:
Any leads on where to get the Death Wing expansion?

Thanks,

David

Try a Canadian retailer. When I was looking last weekend they seemed to be the best source (though stock as low and not all shop to the U.S.).

edit - I got a few things from the CA site Board Game Bliss the other day, but they have been looted out. They don't even have the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as FFG can sell licensed GW stuff through Feb 2017, and the Death Angel supplements are POD, I can't fathom as to why they won't continue to print them on demand for the next six months. Easy money from people looking to fill out their collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Reaper Steve wrote:
Seeing as FFG can sell licensed GW stuff through Feb 2017, and the Death Angel supplements are POD, I can't fathom as to why they won't continue to print them on demand for the next six months. Easy money from people looking to fill out their collections.

I can fathom? FFG doesn't actually care. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like most of the speculation is that the split is GW's fault, either through them not giving an offer to renew, or by them trying to charge ridiculous fees and FFG Saying no thanks.
However, my guess is that FFG has enough going for them now that they not only don't need the licenses, but also don't want to be associated with GW. So in that sense, I agree, they longer care about the IP.
But every for profit company cares about profit. Seems like it'd be a no brainier to continue to POD these expansions for the next six months. Not only would it be easy money, but it'd be doing a solid to all the customers coming out of the woodwork looking to finish their collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Femme Worth
msg tools
mb
Reaper Steve wrote:

I really hope their hands are tied somehow. Otherwise losing more respect for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Femmeworth wrote:
Reaper Steve wrote:

I really hope their hands are tied somehow. Otherwise losing more respect for them.

I'm just guessing here, but I assume FFG are only allowed to sell what they have in stock up until Feb 2017. And are not allowed to produce new copies of products.
And PoD would fall under the later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The Rog wrote:
Femmeworth wrote:
Reaper Steve wrote:

I'm just guessing here, but I assume FFG are only allowed to sell what they have in stock up until Feb 2017. And are not allowed to produce new copies of products.
And PoD would fall under the later.

I'm guessing FFG can pretty much do whatever they want right up to Feb 28, 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper Steve wrote:

I wish they would continue to offer the POD expansions but they deactivated the Print On Demand for the expansions on their website. That was the first place I looked.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/space-hulk-de...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott HillJennings
United States
Cornelius
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thewarstore.com has them backordered but the owner told me he would have them in the next few days. He did express some concern over Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game – Mission Pack 1 but the rest he was confident about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Femme Worth
msg tools
mb
elliotthj91 wrote:
thewarstore.com has them backordered but the owner told me he would have them in the next few days. He did express some concern over Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game – Mission Pack 1 but the rest he was confident about.

I was told the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Willems
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! I'm trying to get the last three expansions (I found the Mission Pack 1 already) but it's slim pickin's out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott HillJennings
United States
Cornelius
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, where were you able to find Mission Pack 1? Just in case they cannot find a copy for my order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metäl Warrior
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I ordered mine from boardGameGuru.co.uk in the UK. He had three of the four expansions when I ordered, but it seems only Deathwing is available anymore - worth a check, though, as he said he has plenty in stock over the phone.

Not sure if they ship outside Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
I could get the Mission and Tyranid Enemy Pack before this Really wanted the Space Marine pack. Anyone have scanned all the cards? I wouldn't mind to print my own...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott HillJennings
United States
Cornelius
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a confirmation from Neal at thewarstore and they are preparing my order to ship including Mission Pack 1. I don't know how long they will still have a supply but it looks like they can still get the expansions at msrp for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Femme Worth
msg tools
mb
elliotthj91 wrote:
Just got a confirmation from Neal at thewarstore and they are preparing my order to ship including Mission Pack 1. I don't know how long they will still have a supply but it looks like they can still get the expansions at msrp for now.

I'm not so lucky. Sending my order without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazareth Minnelli
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see a Mission Pack on Ebay right now for 24 bucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.