Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat» Forums » General

Subject: PDF player boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I COULD just have Kinko's/OfficeMax/etc print out the pages, but they won't look right.

I also know that people have successfully pulled the images out of the pdf and sent them off to the Gamecrafter for printing.

I lack that skill of making the images into pngs. Anyone have those available OR a link for ease of printing? There's GG in it for ya, for whatever that's worth.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For others reading this. You can just print the fronts. The backs are irrelevant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are you looking for full sheets like the "single player" boards or whatever they were called? or are you just looking for copies of the original boards to protect from damaging or something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
westcl2 wrote:
are you looking for full sheets like the "single player" boards or whatever they were called? or are you just looking for copies of the original boards to protect from damaging or something?


I think he means the downloadable ones for the 48 other characters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
westcl2 wrote:
are you looking for full sheets like the "single player" boards or whatever they were called? or are you just looking for copies of the original boards to protect from damaging or something?


Did they do 1 player sheets for all the factions
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
westcl2 wrote:
are you looking for full sheets like the "single player" boards or whatever they were called? or are you just looking for copies of the original boards to protect from damaging or something?


Did they do 1 player sheets for all the factions


Yes they did but it only has 5 MERCS per faction, they have confirmed they will be sending the sheets containing the other 4/5 MERCS per faction.

I am not sure if they will be available in retail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:
Yup, I COULD just have Kinko's/OfficeMax/etc print out the pages, but they won't look right.

I also know that people have successfully pulled the images out of the pdf and sent them off to the Gamecrafter for printing.

I lack that skill of making the images into pngs. Anyone have those available OR a link for ease of printing? There's GG in it for ya, for whatever that's worth.

Thanks!


If you know people who have done this through Gamecrafter why didn't you ask them about it or contact Gamecrafter and ask them how you would go about doing it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
[q="batman15"][q="laserjudas"]Yup, I COULD just have Kinko's/OfficeMax/etc print out the pages, but they won't look right.

I also know that people have successfully pulled the images out of the pdf and sent them off to the Gamecrafter for printing.

I lack that skill of making the images into pngs. Anyone have those available OR a link for ease of printing? There's GG in it for ya, for whatever that's worth.

Thanks!


If you are talking about the PDF posted on MEGACON Downloads , I printed from PDF to a colour printer A4 - actual size, 2 per page 100gm paper.

I did not bother with the backs. I then had a load of cheap floor tiles 1-2mm thick , cut player cards to size and carefully peeled off backing paper on tiles and pressed them down. Then Stanley knife and Cutting Board. Actually they cut easily even with large scissors.

I use this technique for lots of game boards it makes them durable and easy to use plus they have a nice hefty feel, thinner than the board tiles and always lay flat.

Best go fro a plain or dark marble effect. We have thrift shops and I can get 5 tiles for around a £1.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Jerry, they printed off alright? I ask because, when looking at the pdfs, the images look like they are overlapping each other. If that's not the case, I'll gladly print these off myself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:
So, Jerry, they printed off alright? I ask because, when looking at the pdfs, the images look like they are overlapping each other. If that's not the case, I'll gladly print these off myself.


I printed one off as a test and it printed out perfect, not overlapping each other, and to scale to the ones that came with the game. I would like to have them professionally done at some point though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:
So, Jerry, they printed off alright? I ask because, when looking at the pdfs, the images look like they are overlapping each other. If that's not the case, I'll gladly print these off myself.


They printed ok for me .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.