4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Can anyone identify this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Ducker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
When I was young, I remember playing a game with my step-brother. I think that this would have been about 2004 if that helps. Anyway, you'd have a small miniature called an avatar and you'd put it in a small grey cylinder made of two parts which fit together and had a monster printed on it. That would then fit into a similar grey cylinder but larger and then again with a third like Russian dolls. As your monsters received damage from your opponent, you would twist the two parts of the cylinder to adjust it's health and attacks. When the capsule had been twisted a full 360 degrees, it was dead and you opened it to unveil the smaller one. This would continue until your avatar was killed.

I think that I remember that rightly but I may have forgotten some details slightly. If anyone could help me remember the game a would be very grateful since I remember having lots of fun playing it and would love to pick it up again. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Was it Zypods?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Each player has an avatar figure which is hidden inside one of several "zypods": nesting-doll like containers which have a top and bottom half that represent different fighting creatures. When the creature is defeated, the zypod is "cracked" so that the pod nested inside comes into play. The game ends when one player finds the other's avatar and defeats it in combat.

The game description is pretty spot on to his memory. Nicely done Ken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ducker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Spot on! Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.