Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the cards will detail this, but I'm a bit confused with the wording.

Special zombies are randomly placed [with a die roll to one of the 6 locations].

If the rolled location is:
- Filled with zombies -- special zombie is not placed
- Barricaded -- special zombie is not place; barricade intact
- Explosive trap -- special zombie not placed; explosive trap intact

Is this correct?

Also...if there is a Bandit Leader and the crisis card indicate a location -- that location is ignored in favor of the Bandit Leader's choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arra Hepina
msg tools
KingD21 wrote:
Maybe the cards will detail this, but I'm a bit confused with the wording.

Special zombies are randomly placed [with a die roll to one of the 6 locations].

If the rolled location is:
- Filled with zombies -- special zombie is not placed
- Barricaded -- special zombie is not place; barricade intact
- Explosive trap -- special zombie not placed; explosive trap intact

Is this correct?

According to the rulebook (page 18), if you cannot place the special zombie(s) (because of the reasons you listed), it triggers the same effects a normal zombie would. So
- Filled with zombies: Special zombie is not placed, but the location counts as being overrun (kill the survivor with the lowest influence in that location).
- Barricaded: Special zombie is not placed, a barricade is removed.
- Explosive trap: Special zombie is not placed, remove a trap token, remove all the zombies that share the entrance.

KingD21 wrote:

Also...if there is a Bandit Leader and the crisis card indicate a location -- that location is ignored in favor of the Bandit Leader's choices.

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Gotcha. It seems like they could of made that section less wordy. I knew I was not getting something right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Augustine
United States
AUSTIN
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm really disappointed with the special zombie placement rules. We just finished the raxxon tutorial scenario and all but two of the special zombies were not placed. It made completing the scenario trivial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Ohlson

Delaware
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the opposite situation. We kept the locations clear, except for the five special zombies we got from failing a Crisis. Then when Raxxon opened up and while some didn't make it to the board, we had three that did.

Those special zombies are no joke. We only killed five of them and they killed five of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.