Subject: Pandemic The Cure -vs- Infection Humanity's Last Gasp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic Cthulhu will be my pandemic "board" game
Now looking to select my condensed virus game.

I have The Cure but not opened.
And I'm liking what I see in Infection videos.

But, are they too alike so that owning both will become too samey ?
Or are they different enough to offer a different experience?

Anyone who has actually played both that can comment ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I have the Cure game and Infection as an app so in that sense I have played both. The first most obvious thing is Infection is meant as a solo game so if you have other people you are going to play w/ you'll want The Cure. Having said that though I would recommend playing The Cure as a solo game, maybe w/ two people at most, but all the multi player games I've played of it so far weren't well received. Maybe it was the people playing it or ??? It just didn't go over well and overall the people would rather play Pandemic itself. I think people didn't like the randomness of the dice as compared to the puzzliness of the actual game. Which actually is a good point when comparing The Cure to Infection. Overall Infection is more of a puzzle and while there is some randomness regarding which tiles are drawn in a particular round it is not the pure randomness of rolling dice as your primary resources. Personally I think there's room in a collection for both. I would recommend trying the Infection app though if you have a compatible platform. It handles all of the game overhead for you which makes it less fiddley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
While the theme is the same, they're both going to play very differently. As mentioned, Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp is more of a puzzle game. I really enjoy it, and don't think it's that fiddly on the table. I've enjoyed my plays of it thusfar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.