Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Has anyone come up with a good solution to keep the overlays from moving as you handle the pieces?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Has anyone come up with a good solution to keep the overlays from moving as you handle the pieces?

Thx
jonpfl

Something that should work well is sticky-tack (or blu-Tack is what it's called in some places).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cut small strips of shelf liner (not the sticky kind, but the mesh)...

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-281874-Non-Adhesive-20-Inch-Brow...

Lay it on the board and then place the overlay.

You could also use the mesh put under rugs and carpets to keep them from slipping. That you can buy a Joann and other fabric stores. I use it to keep my plywood and felt table top on my game table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Cut small strips of shelf liner (not the sticky kind, but the mesh)...

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-281874-Non-Adhesive-20-Inch-Brow...

Lay it on the board and then place the overlay.

You could also use the mesh put under rugs and carpets to keep them from slipping. That you can buy a Joann and other fabric stores. I use it to keep my plywood and felt table top on my game table.

That is also what I use. We also keep it under throw rugs so they will not slide around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut the sticky edge off a Post-It, fold it in half (sticky side out) and use it to stick the overlay in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gambill

Virginia
msg tools
I bought a pair of these just for CoH to pick up pieces:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H1MV5A/ref=oh_aui_deta...

And there are lots of other uses. I have a small group of friends that play Axis & Allies Global 1940 once a month. Have started bringing them there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Capt. Winters
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If what James Palmer refers to is the same as what is used to post papers/pictures on a wall, I'd say it worked perfect. I tried it in FF 2 and they didn't move at all, besides facing berserk Japs all over! Definitely the best and easiest option without making any marks on the map. Should even be mentioned in the Rule book as a tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.