Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I'm the only one here who actually watched the show. (Considering that they moved the show to 10 PM Eastern, and considering the finale took place before sweeps month, I may be the only one in the country who still watched.)

My thoughts:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The right 'pair' was chosen as the winner of the last challenge, but the wrong person won. Stef is strong, but what does it say that she won in spite of never taking charge and becoming PM. By comparison, James won two straight, earned the respect of his peers, and carried his team to victory with his all-night editing of the film.

Likely, the next person to be 'fired' will be Trump himself, by NBC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
The show was a completely lame morph of what was once (the first season) a fine idea into the most miserable dreck imaginable. They teased us all season long with the idea that we might get to see Ivanka's bare breasts, and instead they gave us Don, Jr.'s magic monkey hairstyle.

Meanwhile, the right person won, absolutely. James was an absolute idiot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
This season was absolutley horrid. They wrecked the game by trying to add drama with the tents, and a major rule change when the PM got to "stay on" for the next challenge.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
That's probably why Stefanie never got to be PM.

Also, what's up with not doing a final 2 challenge? IMHO those are the challenges that really evaluate a person for the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
Likely, the next person to be 'fired' will be Trump himself, by NBC.

Probably not. The Apprentice is, let's face it, an hour-long commercial for one product a week. It costs them next to nothing to produce each week for 14 weeks or so, the costs offset by product endorsements. As long as the ratings are halfway decent, he'll stay on the air. It doesn't need to be a blockbuster in order to be profitable.

I wasn't much of a fan of the new rules, either, but I honestly think it was more the absence of Carolyn and George. I'm sorry, but Don, Jr., just seems to be a complete waste, and Ivanka's contributions, while much more, didn't add much. Plus, they've put waaay too much emphasis on the rewards and not the tasks--anymore, the actual tasks only make up about fifteen minutes, if that.

Me, eh, I agree. The right "pair" to win was Stephanie. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coase wrote:
As long as the ratings are halfway decent, he'll stay on the air. It doesn't need to be a blockbuster in order to be profitable.

I'm not certain, but I'm hearing that the ratings aren't even halfway decent anymore.

The L.A. scene didn't fit with Trump, and the whole 'Tent City' garbage smacked of ripping off Survivor (which, in turn, ripped off Apprentice this season with that whole lap of luxury thing). I wouldn't be surprised (or, truly, disappointed) if this was it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.