$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
When the thief heads to the entrance to try to stash a treasure and a firewall is placed at the entrance, in what turn do the event occur? Does the firewall kill the thief preventing from stash, or does the stash happen and then the thief dies? Thematically I understand the thief would die before being able to stash, but I would like to clarify. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's a flame wall on the entrance tile, he dies as he enters it and any treasures he was carrying are dropped on that tile.

If any of them are still there when he respawns on his next turn, they get stashed as soon as he picks them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
If the thief spawns when there's a flame wall in place, it doesn't kill him right? Since firewall only damages when you move into it not spawning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rollandtwo wrote:
If the thief spawns when there's a flame wall in place, it doesn't kill him right? Since firewall only damages when you move into it not spawning?

I believe so. I wouldn't consider spawning moving into it, and having Fire Wall placed on top of you doesn't hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
Rollandtwo wrote:

I believe so. I wouldn't consider spawning moving into it, and having Fire Wall placed on top of you doesn't hurt.
Correct. If you start your turn in the space with a flame wall, even as a respawn, it doesn't hurt you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The way I conceptualize this is that a wall of flames is around the tile (just like the rock walls are), so unless you enter/leave the room you are unharmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun fact: Back when the name of the game was changed, before deciding to go with "Vast", one of the other finalists was "Cache".

Had that been selected instead, Flame Wall would have been renamed to "Ring of Fire".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
The way I conceptualize this is that a wall of flames is around the tile (just like the rock walls are), so unless you enter/leave the room you are unharmed.

That's not quite correct, since leaving a Flame Walled tile doesn't hurt. But maybe it's a 1-way wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.